Brassica Planting

r49740

5 year old buck +
Ive got about 10 acres of brassicas that I'll be tossing down. Average first frost here is before 10/1 and 10/10. We've got some good showers expected Monday-Wednesday next week. Too early to plant the seeds, or should we toss them in ahead of the rain? Last year I planted later in the month, but didnt get rain on them for about a week and a half.

Ive got about 10 acres of brassicas that I'll be tossing down. Average first frost here is before 10/1 and 10/10. We've got some good showers expected Monday-Wednesday next week. Too early to plant the seeds, or should we toss them in ahead of the rain? Last year I planted later in the month, but didnt get rain on them for about a week and a half.
I'm in NE Ohio as well. Mine went in Tuesday.

I'd get em in the dirt

I'm in NY (SW part of the state). Mine went in 3 weeks ago because of the weather (a week of wet int he forecast) and my lack of patience.

Let the seed fly!

I decided to go a few weeks later this year for the 1st time and it really may bite me. Decided against using some huge July rains to get them going and now we aren't getting any. I'd definitely get them down especially with rain in the forecast. Rain may shut off for a month on you.

I plant the first week of August in S.E. MN. Brassica will germinate and grow just fine with overnight dew if there is thatch covering the ground. For your location I would thing you could wait another week or two and be just fine. Give them a good shot of Urea at the first rain and they will take off.

Thanks for the replys. Monday it is.

Put mine in 2 weeks ago because of rain in the forecast. Coming in good too!