Bluehill 2025

TWalter91

5 year old buck +
Bluehill trees are available now for next spring. Glad Ryan didn't post a date because the previous years were crazy. Order went smoothly this year. I'm starting to run out of room on my property. Lol

I ordered:
2 winter crabarina
1 chestnut crab
1 sweet dog crab
1 big dog
1 sweet advent pear
1 kieffer pear

What's his best late dropping applecrab or crabapple for zone 5?

I have a candy crab, turning point, big dog and big lou in my cart.

Added 1 galarina. Seen a lot of nice ones on this forum over years and always wanted one. Order complete. Shipping on 3/17/25. I had been done buying trees for a few years, but these will hopefully add a little variety to the orchard. I'll have 12 final ones to come out of my nursery next spring as well. Mostly winter wildlife, droptine and kerr.

Last edited:
Got my order in for pickup. The trees I picked up this year were nice. Some are close to 8' already planted this spring.

I just planted my first bluehill trees this spring. But one thing I can say is that the roadkill crab is my best grower so far. It also had fruit on it the first year in the ground. I do not think you can grow wrong with any of his trees! I planted way to much oct-nov drop apples lol Had to switch it up this year with some very late droppers, early droppers, and a couple pear. I may add some more trees once I get up to my property and see how much room I really have.

I ordered 9 more pear trees but I have no idea why.

Next year I’ll order all early dropping trees for picking around our pond. After that I think I’m out of space.

I ordered 9 more pear trees but I have no idea why.

Next year I’ll order all early dropping trees for picking around our pond. After that I think I’m out of space.
Did you order for pickup or shipping? I picked up last year because I wanted to keep the size on the trees. It was worth the extra 45-60 minutes of driving.

Bluehill is in zone 5, iirc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240717_122707_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240717_122707_Gallery.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for the heads up got 5 will probably add more when I get down to seeing what is left later…

Did you order for pickup or shipping? I picked up last year because I wanted to keep the size on the trees. It was worth the extra 45-60 minutes of driving.
I did shipping but pickup wouldn’t be a bad idea. It would save a lot of size.

Thanks for the reminder! Finally was able to get a Deer Magnet persimmon from him. Also ordered a Candy Crab, Ayers pear and Hunter's deer pear.

Was going to make a post what folks next year plans are.

Blue hill do fall delivery? MY fall order really did well next spring with whitetail crabs in late 2022.

Mortenson,

ORder 2 galarina. The fruit is small...... apple and apple crba in one. Although trailman is an early crab, its a good tasting one. Alot of people swear by kerr on this site. Got one at home and one on farmland. Should have 4 up at camp, but had an wieird weather spring up there. So, I gave them to coworkers. Roadkill crab caught my eye pretty good. Getting a turning point too. Like that they have roostock as well. Only doing 10 next year. Sorta debating only buying 10 rootstock.

Bluehill do rduce shipping costs if you only buy little trees?

Out of roostock Already?

One thing I wish Ryan didn't do was head his trees so short. I wish he used the same length box as WTC. He would be getting all of my money if he did that lol

I am happy that his shipping charges came down! Atleast for me it did. Went down exactly $40.

I am happy that his shipping charges came down! Atleast for me it did. Went down exactly $40.
He did mention he got the shipping prices down substantially this year.

How big/long are the boxes from WTC?

I picked up trees from Ryan in person last year. They barely fit in the truck with the cap on/closed. I'm excited/worried about how big the select trees might be this year.

He did mention he got the shipping prices down substantially this year.

How big/long are the boxes from WTC?

I picked up trees from Ryan in person last year. They barely fit in the truck with the cap on/closed. I'm excited/worried about how big the select trees might be this year.
I did pickup also..I have an old Subaru outback wagon and the roots were up against the back hatch and the tops of the trees were tight against my front window..the guy who came with me was pretty uncomfortable with all the limbs jabbing him…