Blind chair

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
I have a 6x6 enclosed blind, and I have been trying to find a good, comfortable, quiet swivel chair. I started off with a folding chair, or buckets. Then took a pedestal out of my boat, and used one of my boat seats, that worked decent for years, but the seat was very uncomfortable. I then moved into an office chair, but it is noisy, it clunks, when I sit up, or sit back. I have looked at those basic looking, but very comfortable chairs that you normally see with foot rests in furniture stores. They have them in box stores for like $300, or furniture stores for like $600-700. Anytime I walk by one, I look at it and say someday. But my wife tells me I am nuts. I don’t disagree, but really in the grand scheme of things, if I spend $500 on a comfortable deer chair, it is just peanuts on what I spend through out the year. I would never tell my wife that.

Anyone else have any good options they use? I know some of you have shacks bigger, and better then my first house. I am sure you guys have some good comfy chairs to go in them. What do you have?

I like office chairs, you just have to try them out first to make sure you have a quiet one. Some are terribly noisy.

If you can find a barber's chair, those work really well.

Office chair for $90 at office depot.

Looks for a used office furniture place. Probably half the price and twice the quality. If you can find one of those mesh versus cushion chairs, I think mice would be less likely to destroy.

It’s not a recliner, but of all the hunting chairs I own, this Alps my nephew bought me for Christmas is the best. You can adjust the legs independently to get a little tilt back, fine if hunting out the front and sides, but it will be tilting forward if you spin 180.

It’s not a recliner, but of all the hunting chairs I own, this Alps my nephew bought me for Christmas is the best. You can adjust the legs independently to get a little tilt back, fine if hunting out the front and sides, but it will be tilting forward if you spin 180.

Haha

tilt.jpg

We have the big man office chairs, they are built for the weight so they don't make as much noise, and they are easier to sleep in.

I think a confy office chair on a piece of carpet is a good bet. Might need to replace the carpet every so often.

If you have a setup for a boat seat, buy one of the Millenium boat seats, or one of their blind chairs. Very comfortable.

I have blinds with windows and have rolling desk chairs in all of mine. I leave all the windows shut except when I am about ready to shoot. Some of the chairs squeak a little but in the 8 years oh hunting from them can’t say I have spooked a single deer because of the squeaky chair. I do usually oil them once a year and that quites them down a bunch. I have about 20 chairs and never gave more than 10 dollars a piece for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the redneck brand off their website They are adjustable