Blessed with a good bird today

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
I was blessed to take this bird late in the morning. Called him over 400 yards in the open with my new mouth call. I was in the local turkey contest and he was in second place when I left after 4 days of birds coming in. He outweighed the leading bird and had a longer beard, but the other bird got me on spurs. Those spurs really affect the score a lot.

Nevertheless very happy to have an enjoyable hunt with one of my cousins. He scored on a bird yesterday, so we are both happy campers!

Well for heaven's sake - I posted in the wrong forum. I meant to go to happy hunters. I don't see how to delete this but I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Sorry......

Native, very nice bird, congratulations. It looks like your well into spring with all that green.

My season starts this weekend and I'm hoping for some success. Our weather has been somewhat fickle, it was very warm for about a week and now its very cool with freezing temps over night. Its suppose to be highs in the 50s this weekend so I hope the birds are active.

Again, congrats.

Nice work Native! Congrats to you and your cousin! My neighbor and I weren't so lucky this week, but we had fun anyway.

Native, very nice bird, congratulations. It looks like your well into spring with all that green.

My season starts this weekend and I'm hoping for some success. Our weather has been somewhat fickle, it was very warm for about a week and now its very cool with freezing temps over night. Its suppose to be highs in the 50s this weekend so I hope the birds are active.

Again, congrats.

Thanks, and best wishes to you Freeborn on your hunting. Yes, we are really greening up good here now. The weather is just super. I'm enjoying some vacation this week.

Nice work Native! Congrats to you and your cousin! My neighbor and I weren't so lucky this week, but we had fun anyway.

Thanks wischwhip, and I hope your luck turns for the better. I was beginning to think I couldn't kill one this year and suddenly everything changed and it happened. Up until things worked out, it seemed that everything possible went wrong - including calling in a coyote that ran right through my birds.

Congrats Native Hunter. Great bird.

Congrats!

Congrats

Congrats! Great bird! I still have some time before our season starts here.

Congrats! Great bird! I still have some time before our season starts here.

Good luck on your season Phil. Ours just started Saturday, which I feel is late for this far south. Tennessee was going for weeks before us, and I only live 30 minutes from the line. I am seeing hens off by themselves nesting and have been for several days.

That's a great bird. Congrats!

Nice Bird NH! My lil brother killd one this morning at my farm. First bird killed off the new place! I need to teach him how to take a better pic like yours above! Couldnt be happier for him:) 19lb, 9'' beard, 1" spurs
IMG_1184.JPG
IMG_1178.JPG

Nice Bird NH! My lil brother killd one this morning at my farm. First bird killed off the new place! I need to teach him how to take a better pic like yours above! Couldnt be happier for him:) 19lb, 9'' beard, 1" spurs
View attachment 4720
View attachment 4721
Super cool Jordan. Congrats to him, and he looks very happy.

Way to get it done. Nice bird!

beautiful bird!

Heck of a bird. Congrats!