All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beans at home

Nova

5 year old buck +
My beans in my plots at home are amazing this year. Just took these pics yesterday. Having 60 acres of ag beans next to me helps keep browse pressure down.
july%2024th_zpszq4btzzi.jpg

july%2024th%202_zpsny8ul4ad.jpg

Looks fantastic

What brand of beans are those? The spots that did get hit, how did it handle the pressure?

Wow --Did you fertilize? Those look incredible

Are those pods i see? Eagels or ag soybeans? They look great...now if the hale stays away you are set.

These are ag beans from MDHA(MN deer hunters association), no brand name. Yes you do see pods, lots of them. I have not fertilized this plot in 4 years and it's been beans every year. For what ever reason they just seem to get better and better every year. I did plant on 13" rows this year which helped them to canopy pretty quickly so I only needed on gly application.

They have been browsed a little, I have a bunch of pictures of deer in them eating, but you just can't tell. They rebound very quickly. I have relatively high deer numbers here, but like I said having 60 acres of ag beans within 100 yards of this keeps the browse pressure low. Going to be very interesting when the ag beans get harvested how the deer react to these standing beans.

Nice beans Nova. My beans are looking great to and I have about 75 acres of beans surrounding me. I know mine will get clobbered about mid-November, just in time for gun season. That's what happened two years ago with the same plot setup I have going on now.