Be Careful!

I had a doe bedded on the edge of my food plot (subsequently, in the "cover plot" I have designed for just such a purpose) and when she spooked I went over and could see where she had been circling getting ready...I weirdly enough have not seen a fawn in person yet...

The ticks keep me out of that cover on my place.I have already been through 1 round of doxicycline this year

The ticks keep me out of that cover on my place.I have already been through 1 round of doxicycline this year
I’ve pulled at least one off me every day this week…and 4 of those days were just at work. Only one made it to my back today at the farm. Flicked two off my clothes. I bet I’ve pulled 30 off this spring. They are horrible

You all that are having tick problems, have you put permethrin on your clothes and are you using something with a high deet content? I generally use deep woods off, but I do buy bottles of 100% deet for turkey season? I wash my clothes, let them air dry, spray permethrin on it, and let them air dry from that. Permethrin lasts a long time on my clothes. Before going into the woods, I spray bug dope on to aid the permethrin, especially my boots, ankles, around my groin and belt area. Maybe they don't like me as much as some of you. I have noticed with friends, that diabetics are especially susceptible to mosquitos, tick and red bugs. Good luck everyone.

0D99E4DA-CDA5-4604-8FC4-BDBDBFF51586.jpeg
Haven’t been doing this very long but was pretty excited to accidentally find this one today. Almost threw a tree branch right on him. Quick grabbed the dog and left the area.