All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be Careful!

I had a doe bedded on the edge of my food plot (subsequently, in the "cover plot" I have designed for just such a purpose) and when she spooked I went over and could see where she had been circling getting ready...I weirdly enough have not seen a fawn in person yet...

The ticks keep me out of that cover on my place.I have already been through 1 round of doxicycline this year

The ticks keep me out of that cover on my place.I have already been through 1 round of doxicycline this year
I’ve pulled at least one off me every day this week…and 4 of those days were just at work. Only one made it to my back today at the farm. Flicked two off my clothes. I bet I’ve pulled 30 off this spring. They are horrible

You all that are having tick problems, have you put permethrin on your clothes and are you using something with a high deet content? I generally use deep woods off, but I do buy bottles of 100% deet for turkey season? I wash my clothes, let them air dry, spray permethrin on it, and let them air dry from that. Permethrin lasts a long time on my clothes. Before going into the woods, I spray bug dope on to aid the permethrin, especially my boots, ankles, around my groin and belt area. Maybe they don't like me as much as some of you. I have noticed with friends, that diabetics are especially susceptible to mosquitos, tick and red bugs. Good luck everyone.

0D99E4DA-CDA5-4604-8FC4-BDBDBFF51586.jpeg
Haven’t been doing this very long but was pretty excited to accidentally find this one today. Almost threw a tree branch right on him. Quick grabbed the dog and left the area.