All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATVs and Side by Sides

I'm having a super hard time deciding between a ATV or side by side, I use my atv for all my plotting activities, but with 2 kids I think a side by side would be a better option, anybody plot heavily with their side by side, how do they do
I put some hard pulling hrs on a Polaris ranger at a cemetary I worked at part time. All I can say is keep an extra belt with you an learn how to install it in the feild b/c they break!

Our Rhino has never had the belt replaced in 7 years. funny you mention that, I havent even put one second into thinking about checking it. Its problably half gone. :)

I put some hard pulling hrs on a Polaris ranger at a cemetary I worked at part time. All I can say is keep an extra belt with you an learn how to install it in the feild b/c they break!

Honda's don't have a belt. :D They have an automotive style tranny. :D

I'm in the market for a UTV, started doing some research and the Yamaha Viking EPS is badass! I like that it has 3 seats, I'm going to go test drive one this weekend.

Testing them out is the best part!

I had a Polaris EV.
Didn't go near as far as they advertised. It was a nice machine but it seemed like I was constantly adding distiller water to the batteries and cleaning terminals.

Traded it for a midsize 800 and never looked back.

New?
Whats in it for a powerplant?

Very nice!!!!

Sweet

Yep new, I'm not sure of what the engine is, my brother got all the mechanic smarts, but it is essentially a Polaris ranger with a few differences, . it's made by Polaris it even had a Polaris sticker on the back

I'm not positive but this may have been built by Kioti just like the Bobcat tractors. Does it have a diesel engine? Should be a good strong unit for you.

No they have been built by Polaris.

Took the wife to test drive a Yamaha Viking. She loved it! Got a love it when a plan comes together lol! Just waiting for the windshield to come in and I pick it up Saturday.
image.jpg

Windshield? You don't need no stinkin windshield! :)

Congrats! Will this be more for riding or utility?

Windshield? You don't need no stinkin windshield! :)

Congrats! Will this be more for riding or utility?
I'll be using it as a utility, the wife will be using it for riding with the kids and dogs. The windshield I got folds down and latches to hood. I suppose it will be nice if it rains or the roads are real dusty.

You will be surprised how nice a windshield is, especially one that hinges to make a vent of sorts.

I'll be using it as a utility, the wife will be using it for riding with the kids and dogs. The windshield I got folds down and latches to hood. I suppose it will be nice if it rains or the roads are real dusty.

Sounds like a great choice!

You will be surprised how nice a windshield is, especially one that hinges to make a vent of sorts.

They also add a lot of surface area to clean. :D

They also add a lot of surface area to clean. :D
Yes they do. At a point they don't clean anymore, you just end up driving in a fog all the time.