ATV Tires

Peeps

5 year old buck +
It’s time for me to start looking for new tires to replace my stock tires on my Grizzly 550. I don’t want to spend a ton so I’m considering the SunF A033’s which are modeled after the Bighorns. They are 6 ply and not radials but the reviews look good. My current stock tires are 4 ply Maxxis. Anyone have any experience with SunF tires? Most of my riding is on my 40. I also go up and down slick hills deer hunting and use the wheeler in the snow ice fishing and during maple sap season.

Agressive tires are good n bad. Traction is better. But, there's times a ATV should slide a bit than bite, and thats right before turning over. There's a reason ATV manufactures use tires with mild tread and a rounded profile.

IF you got youngsters dirving them aggressively, you might want to stay with the maxxis. IT's just me driving my ATV, but my club uses logging skid trails for our main trails.

I put swamp witches on my ranger and haven't had a flat since

I put SunFs on my wife’s 400 rancher. They definitely grab and tear stuff up. She just putts around the property so for her they work great. I can’t ride her machine like I ride my polaris or I’d be upside down. Like Bigbore said there times you need to slide some and with the SunFs there’s not much sliding. That said I’d buy another set no problem in fact I may get some for my SxS this summer

Put on ITP Mud Lite's after having multiple flats on the factory tires that came with our machine, and no flats (or traction issues) since.

My son has his own machine, my daughter just rides with us putting around the property, and my wife only putts around too so not worried about them getting into trouble. I think they will be great for my purposes. Better in the snow/mud pulling sap tank and going up down the ridges at the hunting land. My original stock tires have lasted 9 years.

Another thought popped into my head. The stock tires are 25’s but I’ve read that my machine can handle 26’s without issue. Should I consider going up to a 26 inch tire?

It’s time for me to start looking for new tires to replace my stock tires on my Grizzly 550. I don’t want to spend a ton so I’m considering the SunF A033’s which are modeled after the Bighorns. They are 6 ply and not radials but the reviews look good. My current stock tires are 4 ply Maxxis. Anyone have any experience with SunF tires? Most of my riding is on my 40. I also go up and down slick hills deer hunting and use the wheeler in the snow ice fishing and during maple sap season.

I put bearclaws on my ranger and have been very happy. They are what I'd consider are pretty aggressive and work great in my muddy clayey ground. They also have been driven over lots of mown off willow and not been pierced, yet.

I love the Kenda Bearclaw K299's on my Arctic Cat. They replaced worn out stock tires. With the old tires i had to go through the creek in 4hi with the throttle pinned to wheel spin up the bank. With the new tires I can putt through in 2wd-LoL. They get good reviews and are supposed to be long wearling too.

Kenda Bearclaw K299 ATV Tire - 25X12.5-12

I did get the SUNF 25” tires and so far I really like them. I’m going to put a plow on our sportsman 570 and I’ll probably get some for that machine too for more grip plowing. I might go with 26” tires for that.

I did get the SUNF 25” tires and so far I really like them. I’m going to put a plow on our sportsman 570 and I’ll probably get some for that machine too for more grip plowing. I might go with 26” tires for that.
You'll probably want chains for snow plowing.