Tires for my 3500 ram

jsasker007

5 year old buck +
Checking to see if we have any tire guru's in here. Looking to replace the tires on my 3500 6.7L diesel truck. 285/60r20. Factory tires went to 36k miles and are damn near slicks at this point. Want to find a good tire that will last 50-60k miles. Smooth riding, quiet going down the road. Any thoughts?

Checking to see if we have any tire guru's in here. Looking to replace the tires on my 3500 6.7L diesel truck. 285/60r20. Factory tires went to 36k miles and are damn near slicks at this point. Want to find a good tire that will last 50-60k miles. Smooth riding, quiet going down the road. Any thoughts?

Are you in the snow belt?
I sell a quite a few of these

"MICHELIN AGILIS CROSS CLIMATE" tires, they are great in snow, ride good, and have a decent tread wear.

I have a 2500 and recently put on Firestone Destination XT's. Ran them on my Tundra in the past and a 1500 Silverado before that. They seem like a well rounded tire that I got good tread life out of.

Are you in the snow belt?
I sell a quite a few of these

"MICHELIN AGILIS CROSS CLIMATE" tires, they are great in snow, ride good, and have a decent tread wear.
Yeah, I'm in central minnesota and might end up putting a plow on the truck too. I like aggressive tread but the tires with the best traction(softer rubber) wear out faster. Too many options out there. I'm looking up your recommendation now. thanks

Good luck, the quality of tires is crap compared to what they used to be. Had a set of Goodyear Wrangler ATs that lasted 24,000 miles after they gave me those as replacements for other Goodyears that didnt last a year and all developed a bulge in the tread. We have a Goodyear plant here locally and know a couple of guys that work for Goodyear, neither one of them have Goodyears on their trucks if that tells you anything.

I looked at the destination xt's that T-MAX mentioned above and those are looking pretty good to me.

My Chevy came with Goodyears. Garbage...... I got 25k out of them and that was far longer than I should have left them on.

I have never had a set of tires that come from the factory on a new vehicle that held up very good at all. 36,000 on the tires i'm running now and they're getting pretty smooth. I notice they can't even give a guy decent wiper blades on a new vehicle anymore.

I'm scared to try any of the ultra high mileage tires advertised because the harder the rubber the worse the traction. The trade off is getting a lot more miles out of the tires but I'm in minnesota and need good traction 6 months out of the year. I have some tires on my plow truck that seem to only do well in snow. Hit some slush going down the road and things get a little interesting. Tires that work in any weather are my first priority. Getting decent life from the tires is an added bonus but would really be nice.

Looks like I'm going to plan B now. Called the local NAPA to get tires and where they have to get the tires from is almost $100 more per tire! Smile that. I'm going to switch around some tires I already have on some rims and make it work.

Tires are STUPID right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I'm going to plan B now. Called the local NAPA to get tires and where they have to get the tires from is almost $100 more per tire! Smile that. I'm going to switch around some tires I already have on some rims and make it work.

If you were closer to me I would get you a good deal on them.

When you're looking at P tires, the UTQG rating is the best way to establish mileage expectations and value. For E rated and above, they don't give a UTQG rating for these.
I've been in the car business for 40 years, and IMO, Michelins have performed the best all around. For your size tires, best ones I have experience with are the BFG TKO 2's.
Tires are made out of petroleum, so the prices change with the price of oil. All the good quality tires are pretty damn expensive, no way around it!
Like ^^^said, if you were close to me, I'd get you some at 10% over cost

I run Michelins on my diesel pickup I pull trailers all the time I have to use load range E tires or I blow threw them in 6 months so pay attention to the load range on the tires your buying.