Ashmead's Kernel

Corey Peterson

5 year old buck +
Ordered an antique apple gift box from cummins nursery to try some different varieties before planting more trees. Tried my first Ashmeads Kernel apple and I have to say I was really impressed with flavor - had a real zip to it. Added a couple trees to my Cummins order! Also really liked Arkansas black which seemed to have a hint of cinnamon to it, and newton pippin was a good sweet apple.

I ordered 2 of those boxes for my wife for Christmas. They must be a bit variable as we didn't get any Arkansas Black. I, too had my first AK, and the hype is justified. I already have 3 or 4 at my place, so hoping they produce without too many problems. Did you get to try a Roxbury Russet? That was another one that we found fantastic.

Despite saying we're done planting apples at camp - I've also been reading / hearing good things about Roxbury Russet. ^^^^^ I smell a pair of RR coming for camp - I'll find a place for them !!

I did get Roxbury Russet and it was pretty good. I just had Sundowner and it was an excellent tart apple

Ashmeads are amazing