Do you have any of these:

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
I ordered the following apple trees. I am going to keep about 15 and give 5 to a friend who does not have any trees but wants to start.

Red Royal Limbertwig
Black Twig
Johnson Keeper
Keenling Seedling
Terry Winter
Ashmead Kernel
Horse
Newton Pippen
Aunt Racheal
Cox Orange Pippen
Mary Reid
E. Spitzenberg
Mattamuskeet
Pinaple
Carolina Red June
Summer Bananna
Magnum Bonam
Virginia Beauty

If you really like or dislike any of those please let me know. As you might expect, you are helping pick the five I am likely to give away. Ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Terry Winter hasn't done great for me to date. It seems to fall too early and never really looks very good. Of course, the deer don't care and eat them anyway. My crop does, however, look good this year, so we will see if they are any better this time. Sometimes it takes a tree a few years to get straightened out and bearing well. Also, Terry Winter tends to be a small to medium apple, which is fine for deer but not my choice for processing for myself. Larger apples are better for that. I will brag on it for being highly DR. Light leaf spotting and never any FB.

Horse is a great summer apple. It is big with a nice spicy and bold flavor, and very disease resistant. I had a great one of those, but the new road took it, because it was too big to move.

I have young trees of Mattamuskeet and Kenner Seedling. It is too early to tell on those. I did see lots of CAR on one of them this year, but I don't remember which one. Maybe I can remember to look the next time I'm over there.

Last edited:
Red Royal Limbertwig is one of my favorites for fresh eating.
Keener Seedling is my longest hanging apple.
Ashmead Kernel has been disappointing for me, although it's usually highly rated.
Black Twig hasn't impressed me yet, but my trees are still young.
Virginia Beauty has been a good tasting apple off my young tree.
Just my experiences from zone 6A.

Terry Winter hasn't done great for me to date. It seems to fall too early and never really looks very good. Of course, the deer don't care and eat them anyway. My crop does, however, look good this year, so we will see if they are any better this time. Sometimes it takes a tree a few years to get straightened out and bearing well. Also, Terry Winter tends to be a small to medium apple, which is fine for deer but not my choice for processing for myself. Larger apples are better for that. I will brag on it for being highly DR. Light leaf spotting and never any FB.

Horse is a great summer apple. It is big with a nice spicy and bold flavor, and very disease resistant. I had a great one of those, but the new road took it, because it was too big to move.

I have young trees of Mattamuskeet and Kenner Seedling. It is too early to tell on those. I did see lots of CAR on one of them this year, but I don't remember which one. Maybe I can remember to look the next time I'm over there.

Bad to hear re Terry. I have a 3 ac plot with 5 sept apples in it was looking to add a few that were late oct and into nov was hoping terry winter would work

Red Royal Limbertwig is one of my favorites for fresh eating.
Keener Seedling is my longest hanging apple.
Ashmead Kernel has been disappointing for me, although it's usually highly rated.
Black Twig hasn't impressed me yet, but my trees are still young.
Virginia Beauty has been a good tasting apple off my young tree.
Just my experiences from zone 6A.

Great feedback, thanks. Aerospace said the same about the Ashmead. Blacktwig is suppose to be the cats meow.

I will add Belle De Boscoop, Canadian Strawberry to my list above and Caville Blanc any comments .

I don’t have any of those but from my personal research of those you listed Black Twig is one I have considered trying myself.

I will add Belle De Boscoop, Canadian Strawberry to my list above and Caville Blanc any comments .

Belle de Boskoop is good apple and I like Calville Blanc but a great late apple is Granny Smith and Pink Lady or Cripps Pink. They have held apples here in PA into rifle season or around mid December