Arcus archery smacks a goobbbblrrrr

Way to Go!
I arrived at a farm at 11:30 this morning and the farmer and his son just drove in from the pasture with an archery kill gobbler.

Very Cool Brooks. I'm not there yet with a bow. Hoping to get one in a couple weeks with the old shotgun.

I do have the best decoy made so if I can stop from calling to much I should be good to go.

Awesome! Can we say he cartwheeled that one?!?!?!

2 thumbs way, way up! Nice work, that is 100% more gobblers than I have on the ground right now.

I love turkey hunting. But when I go with my kids its a whole different deal. Hands down my favorite outdoor pursuit. Except for sleeping out for flatheads. Or maybe MN rifle season with 3 generations in the same blind. I have become a very social hunter since I sold out and got back to family hunting, and am very lucky to value others success over mine the past few seasons. While I do the bulk of the work. Would not change a thing.

I am very much in the same situation Brooks. My dad and uncle have passed the "work" and decision making on to me. They are just glad to be out there and just want to hunt and not worry about the details. My daughters first turkey is on the very top of my best hunting memories list, as I was calling for her in the same blind. Her first deer was great too, but I was in a stand 80 yards away when she shot her first deer. Much like yourself(and many others on here), I would rather see the other hunters in our party have success.

I love chasing gobblers because I get to explore the land a lot more. I love just sitting out with no blind!

The first year I ever went I got one... I was 14, and it was with my Uncle, on my Dad's birthday, on my neighbor's land. Everyone had a part. It's one of my best memories. Since then, I've been skunked (9 years, but only hunted 5 of them), but those spring mornings are still magical.

That's pretty awesome that you got to share some memories. I hope to make some with my nephew who is only 2, but has an outdoorsman as a Dad, and both of us uncles. No kid of my own, but even for a nephew I'm pretty excited to enjoy it with him if he decides he likes the outdoors. If not, I've got baseball and hockey, and if neither of those, he's still a winner in my book :)

I am very much in the same situation Brooks. My dad and uncle have passed the "work" and decision making on to me. They are just glad to be out there and just want to hunt and not worry about the details. My daughters first turkey is on the very top of my best hunting memories list, as I was calling for her in the same blind. Her first deer was great too, but I was in a stand 80 yards away when she shot her first deer. Much like yourself(and many others on here), I would rather see the other hunters in our party have success.

I think one thing that turkey hunting allows all of us "deer hunters" to do is get out and allow ourselves to smile at the success of others. To varying degrees, I think that many of us (myself included) are much more "competitive" when it comes to deer. IME, I've never heard anyone say anything along the lines of "man I wish that bird stepped out in front of me, and not my neighbor." IMHO, I think we'd all have a lot more fun if EVERY hunter enjoyed seeing someone else being successful as much as they enjoy themselves being successful. It's something that I myself am trying to work on.

I don't know what it is about deer that gets people so competetive. Maybe the racks? Maybe because we put more "work" into them ("s because it's all fun to me).

I have never been that "competitive" with deer, waterfowl on the other hand, is a totally different story!;)

I have never been that "competitive" with deer, waterfowl on the other hand, is a totally different story!;)

I've never hunted anything on the water! Unless you count trying to hit fish from my deck when I was 10 with my BB gun or Meijer special $25 plastic bow with un-tipped clearance aluminum arrows. I never did get one!

That is priceless Batman!

Doesn't get much better then that. Way to go.

Great footage and a nice accomplishment for the youngster!

Nothing cooler than shooting a Tom with a bow. I kinda think using a shotgun on them is like cheating. I have only ever used a bow myself.

I love turkey hunting. But when I go with my kids its a whole different deal. Hands down my favorite outdoor pursuit. Except for sleeping out for flatheads. Or maybe MN rifle season with 3 generations in the same blind. I have become a very social hunter since I sold out and got back to family hunting, and am very lucky to value others success over mine the past few seasons. While I do the bulk of the work. Would not change a thing.

I have never hunted turkeys and did not hear a gobble on my place this spring. That is OK by me.

Hunting with my daughters and family members is the best thing for me. I was sitting by both of my daughters when they shot their first deer.

We would all benefit in less competition in deer hunting. I see too many young hunters who can not enjoy a deer kill because of a small rack or even it being a baldy.

We should choose to kill a deer and be happy with it, not make excuses about it being a cull, or an excuse about removing poor genetics. The same attitude should also apply to antlerless kills.

Congrats. Awesome job with the bow.

Awesome vid - congrats to the young man!