April has been good

shawnv

5 year old buck +
Started out with my son's turkey the 11th, caught a couple baskets of nice gills and perch last week and yesterday I found the home of more than one nice buck's bedroom on some public land.

IMG_1362.JPG IMG_1429.JPG IMG_1430.JPG

Congrats to the young man!

Congrats to your son on his turkey.

Good month indeed. I like all 3 of those reports!

Planted 40 Norway's and got done in time to go get this guy today.

11188426_10206835587746371_1687147265382454738_n.jpg

Congrats to you and your son! Looks like you've had a good couple weeks.

Congrats shawn! Maybe I would have better luck coming up and checking out some of the public land in Trempealeau Co. instead of hunting LaCrosse Co or driving down to Vernon Co? Those are 2 nice birds.

Congrats shawn! Maybe I would have better luck coming up and checking out some of the public land in Trempealeau Co. instead of hunting LaCrosse Co or driving down to Vernon Co? Those are 2 nice birds.

Thanks! These are not public land birds, my son's was from my Eastern Eau Claire County 30 and mine was from my home farm.

I would think La Crosse and Vernon have just as good of public areas. It's probably like what I hunt, the good spots are good for a reason because they are either high risk, high reward spots or just and overall pain to get into where it might take a full hour to get to your spot.

Yes indeed - a great month for sure!! Congratulations!

I would think La Crosse and Vernon have just as good of public areas. It's probably like what I hunt, the good spots are good for a reason because they are either high risk, high reward spots or just and overall pain to get into where it might take a full hour to get to your spot.
I figured you got those off your farm, and you are likely right, LaCrosse and Vernon are at least as good if not better than Trempealeau. The bad thing with LaCrosse Co public land is that it is very crowded being so close to the population center and it does have a pretty limited amount of lands open to the public in general. Trempealeau might be worse though, being it might draw hunters from both the LaCrosse and Eau Claire metro areas? At least Vernon Co only has to deal with LaCrosse hunters and the rest of the area down there is all smaller towns.

I hope November is as good for you.

Heck of a month. Congrats to all.