Any suggestions on keeping spreader from tipping

fuldraw

5 year old buck +
I have an agfab 175 spreader pull behind
I've beat it up pretty good the past 10 plus yrs
I was wondering if any body else uses one or some thing like it
Trying to figure out how to keep it from tipping over so easy in the plots or going to different plots
I've lengthen the tongue and spring loaded the handle so the gate is always trying to close

I got a used one last year at a great deal and used it on a flat field so no problems with tipping. I don't like that the drive system is engaged all the time. It works well but I will be loading the spreader and all fertilizer into my ATV trailer and driving it to my plots and then using the spreader.

If it tips allot you could weld a cross bar onto a hitch and then use straps or a binder to keep it from tipping.

If you haven't already convert it to a trailer ball hitch connector. I would think the 175 would be fairly stable due to the wider stance compared to some of the smaller models.

an Out rigger 2 feet passed each side vise gripped on while in use. Unclamp when finished using.

I have not converted to a ball. Thinking about a longer axle length
Since a lot of my plots are not flat and or bumpy

Put less in it. It gets top heavy if you put more than a bag and a half of product in at a time.

I have an agfab 175 spreader pull behind
I've beat it up pretty good the past 10 plus yrs
I was wondering if any body else uses one or some thing like it
Trying to figure out how to keep it from tipping over so easy in the plots or going to different plots
I've lengthen the tongue and spring loaded the handle so the gate is always trying to close
I just picked that same 175 off of craigslist for $70, used three times. After I hooked it up to my lawnmower, that was the first thought I had. Looks like it could tip over pretty easy. I went slow and made it over some bumpy terrain alright. It would of been nice if the hopper was wider and not so tall.

I found an Earthway M20 on Clist for $75 brand new never used. The guy is calling me back tomorrow.

I have a 100 lb pull behind, but its about ready to fall apart. it is not made for food plotting...

I like the idea of a rack mounted one.
I used to have a cheapo Moultrie rack mounted one and I just didnt like it. The Earthway M20 seems to get ok reviews.

And yes, I have dump a load or 4 of fertilizer when it tipped and it just pissed me off.

I bought a 3 pt 500 lb fert spreader for doing the fertilizer now. The rack mounted one I want to use for spreading seed mainly.

How to make them not tip..... The tips provided should help....I just tend to drive to fast and WHOOPS!!!!

SLOW IT THE "F" DOWN!!!!:D