Any Regret major purchases?

bigboreblr

5 year old buck +
Been hemming and hawing over whether to sell my 2020 Honda recon ATV. Bought it for the wife during covid to go riding on the club land and NY's limited public trails. Just ride it around home to keep the battery alive and the brakes from locking up. Got a 2017 honda rancher. That's a bit better for throw-n-mow having a bigger motor and being liquid cooled.

Anything you guys bought that maybe you wish you didn't?

The ATV flail mower
10 hand crank seed spreaders
A MN bucks-only gun tag
All trees that were not native to my area and soil type

Chevy vehicles from 2015-2017... we have replaced 3 transmissions, 2 in the suburban and 1 in the pickup and we don't pull that much stuff, drive a lot of city traffic or hot rod around. At 5k a transmission it gets really old.

Trees from Morse Nursery - Advertise at 3' seedlings ... what I got were 2 month old, 2" sprouts. Not one of them survived.
Most hunt club memberships I purchased
Boat I purchased with a house we bought on the lake. First time out, the motor propeller stopped working. % hours later after getting towed in, took it to service dealer. the Owner lied to me as he said it was
in good working order. Found out the owner had shattered the drive shaft then soldered it together.

Oh and a DAT tape player

I am limiting this to items I currently own and are somewhat land-management or hunting related:
Post-emissions Kawasaki 360 ATV. Nothing but problems (I have two Kawasaki Mules and a 400 ATV that are GREAT)
Stihl MS-250 Chain Saw. YUK--starts hard, not enough power...truly a homeowner light duty saw. While maybe not a major purchase, it wasn't worth the $.
Ford 8N tractor--It really does not do anything well.

Chevy vehicles from 2015-2017... we have replaced 3 transmissions, 2 in the suburban and 1 in the pickup and we don't pull that much stuff, drive a lot of city traffic or hot rod around. At 5k a transmission it gets really old.

I had written nearly anything made by GM, and then I deleted it before I posted. My cavalier was good. The other 6 vehicles were all duds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with trees from Morse the last 2 died this year from 10 years ago.All except for a grafted persimmon but still has never produced fruit and the other pears that were supposed to be FB resistant but aren't

I planted thousands of miscanthus rhizomes over a 4 year period. I've maybe got 200 that have survived at this point. That was a pretty big waste of time and money for me.

I planted thousands of miscanthus rhizomes over a 4 year period. I've maybe got 200 that have survived at this point. That was a pretty big waste of time and money for me.
What do you equate your poor success to?

Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight.

It's probably a great rifle for hunting in western North America, but It's not great for the climate of the North Atlantic. Luckily I got it for a song.

A shelf of poulan chainsaws

bill

I noticed ! ☺️

What do you equate your poor success to?
I wish I knew. It seems like winter kill that gets them but they continue to die until about year 3. It seems like if they made it that long, they flourish. The survivors are massive.
I did try again a couple years ago using rhizomes from Higgins. They seem to have pretty good survival so far. They haven't gotten very big yet but we've had some tough growing years recently.

Four different plantings of 12,000 pine loblolly pine trees in two different locations - they all died

I wish I knew. It seems like winter kill that gets them but they continue to die until about year 3. It seems like if they made it that long, they flourish. The survivors are massive.
I did try again a couple years ago using rhizomes from Higgins. They seem to have pretty good survival so far. They haven't gotten very big yet but we've had some tough growing years recently.
It does help screen in areas !