Another forbe ID

Yarg

5 year old buck +
Here is another forbe, can you recommend a good book / source for learning how to identify the plants in my zone..5B thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20180530_123034456.jpg
    IMG_20180530_123034456.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 33
Not 100% sure but think it is Yarrow.

Not 100% sure but think it is Yarrow.
That was my 1st thought. Yarrow in my area is just about to start flowering. Should be able to ID it then.
BTW, Yarrow is supposed to be a natural coagulant. Does anyone here know how to use it to reduce bleeding? Might be a good thing to know with all the sharp stuff we use...knives, broadheads, chainsaws....

That was my 1st thought. Yarrow in my area is just about to start flowering. Should be able to ID it then.
BTW, Yarrow is supposed to be a natural coagulant. Does anyone here know how to use it to reduce bleeding? Might be a good thing to know with all the sharp stuff we use...knives, broadheads, chainsaws....

Tap, one of my favorite hobbies over the years has been studying Native American uses of plants for food and medicine - however, in recent years I've not had much time for that. But there were two ways I've read that it can be used to stop bleeding. You can take the leaves directly off the plant and place on the wound or dry the leaves and make a powder which can be put on the wound. Either method is supposed to work.