Am I the only land mgr without a SxS

I’ll get a pic this weekend but in words, I have a front snowplow mount on my Rubicon that allows me to pick up the front end of the machine using the 2” hitch ball on my ballast box. It stays put on the 2” ball with the front wheels off the ground while I drive to wherever I’m going. Then I just set it down with the hydraulics.

I bet some of you guys with fabrication skills could come up with something far better than getting lucky in having the right snowplow mount. Some sort of vertical hitch ball receiver would work great. The weight of the atv holds it down for transport.

Note: I bring the Honda Rubicon ATV out with the tractor. Not the UTV.

Last edited:
I’ll get a pic this weekend but in words, I have a front snowplow mount on my Rubicon that allows me to pick up the front end of the machine using the 2” hitch ball on my ballast box. It stays put on the 2” ball with the front wheels off the ground while I drive to wherever I’m going. Then I just set it down with the hydraulics.

I bet some of you guys with fabrication skills could come up with something far better than getting lucky in having the right snowplow mount. Some sort of vertical hitch ball receiver would work great. The weight of the atv holds it down for transport.

Note: I bring the Honda Rubicon ATV out with the tractor. Not the UTV.
I understand what your doing. Nice. Many years ago (my early 20's)......I build a tube frame dune buggy out of an old VW. Basically a tube frame skeleton cage with a pair of seats. The front end was pretty light.....and I made a telescoping tube that would get lower as you deployed that hitch tube which had a ball hitch on the end. I'd just re-pin the tube in oder to tow....lift the front end up onto my ball mount and away we would go. That old dune buggy was allot of fun.....it was a little squirrelly to drive as the front end was so light.....and at times had to steer with the individual real wheel brake levers. Exciting to drive. Wish I had that today.

I had to wait a couple of weeks to respond so I could attach a photo. You are not the only land manager without a UTV. I have a full size tractor for the heavy stuff, but this bad boy serves all of my hauling needs. I only have 95 acres so I am not running for miles. It tops out at about 6 mph and trust me, without a suspension you do not want to go any faster than that. I believe the trailer is from the 1960s. I have hauled water, firewood, tools, chainsaw, debris, and trees and planting supplies. It serves it purpose and works for me.
1727139386039.png

That rig wouldn't make it out of the driveway in hill country, but I still dig it.

I had to wait a couple of weeks to respond so I could attach a photo. You are not the only land manager without a UTV. I have a full size tractor for the heavy stuff, but this bad boy serves all of my hauling needs. I only have 95 acres so I am not running for miles. It tops out at about 6 mph and trust me, without a suspension you do not want to go any faster than that. I believe the trailer is from the 1960s. I have hauled water, firewood, tools, chainsaw, debris, and trees and planting supplies. It serves it purpose and works for me.
View attachment 68739
I’d have to put some knobby tires on it, but I like it!

That rig wouldn't make it out of the driveway in hill country, but I still dig it.
You don’t want to try to go up the backside of the pond dam loaded early in the morning with dew on the ground. It is south Louisiana so hills are nonexistent.

Well I'm still low on the toy totem pole, but it gets it's done. I'd rather have more land right now than upgraded equipment, but a can tractor with FEL is sounding nice.
4df8549435f8d6a02a3ddd225ea4964d.jpg
55700898b0c0c6ee1ee406e4d7be328c.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk