All the work is finally paying off:)

If you can get that dog to build a cage, I will be impressed....:emoji_laughing:
not much faith in the hound but my 8 yr old is long an lanky! Perfect for looping 16’ cattle panels into a cage ;)
That dang dog ran from hole to hole digger her ever loving heart out! Good 15 mins straight

Pre digging for spring scheduled turkey creek trees! Got all the help I can handle:)

Hmmm I could probably use their services..... do they work cheap? LOL

Let’s see, you’re paying a buck a hole, the hound is digging the hole, and your kid is pocketing the buck. Those are some dang smart kids ya got there Jordan!

Seriously though, it’s going to be a nice orchard, and all of you, including the hound, can enjoy it for decades to come.

Let’s see, you’re paying a buck a hole, the hound is digging the hole, and your kid is pocketing the buck. Those are some dang smart kids ya got there Jordan!

Seriously though, it’s going to be a nice orchard, and all of you, including the hound, can enjoy it for decades to come.
Thanks! Kids got a kick out of it! Dogs good for something I guess;) I been training her to blood track. She has quite the smeller on her

Going to be a treat to see this come to fruition.

It’s nice to have some helpers and get everyone involved. It will be 2 months or so yet before I can start digging holes!

It’s nice to have some helpers and get everyone involved. It will be 2 months or so yet before I can start digging holes!
It has been a crazy mild winter here in Mo

Very nice videos Jordan. We are not at the digging stage yet here but am curious as to what size holes you are digging and how deep. It has been a lot of years since planting apple trees here and I don’t have any recollection as to average Planting depths.

Very nice videos Jordan. We are not at the digging stage yet here but am curious as to what size holes you are digging and how deep. It has been a lot of years since planting apple trees here and I don’t have any recollection as to average Planting depths.
Bareroot trees I’d say average 14-16” deep and 24” diameter. Once tree is set I take a lighter style pick ax and bust up the dirt all around my hole. Sprinkle a bit of lime and 13-13-13 fert and cage em up. In my heavy clay soil I add a bit a bag dirt from Lowe’s. I like to hold my trees a tad bit high and put heavy layer of mulch around them. A few extra steps has really made a big difference on how well the trees do.