Age? Much future in him?

Here's a similar deer I had once. I passed him up as a fairly mature buck, maybe 4.5. He even had the same left antler as yours. The next yr he had gone from an 8 to an 11 and put on some decent inches. (Coincidentally I have a 5.5 this yr who became an 11 after being an 8 all his life. It paid to pass him up last yr.) Anyway, I shot that 1st buck the following year at 45 yards with a 3" 12 gauge slug and horrifically couldn't recover him. A deer showed up the next yr who I truly believe was him, much diminished, and then again the next yr diminished even more, just knobby and ancient. We found his carcass.

20141121_164224.jpg20141121_164201.jpg
SUNP0124.jpeg

I agree. What's the details on that buck Cat? With only 1 buck tag I'd probably do a little hunting and then maybe you can take him out later in the season. Risk reward.
The youngish looking 10 in the bottom pic is probably a 4.5yr old. I'm not much on scoring deer but he has weak g3's compared to some other 10's we have running around. Not exactly a regular on the place, but around often enough to get excited about. It's a deer like him that I think could take the 7's spot if he disappeared. Around here a deer like him might jump some and get bigger, or stay exactly the same for the next 3yrs.

If I see the 7 again while hunting I may or may not fling an arrow. Will depend on my mood. If I don't shoot him I'll sick one of the boys (or one their friends) on him during rifle season.

I understand the mood Cat. Most of my shot decisions are dependant on how I feel right then about dragging one out and having to butcher up.

I understand the mood Cat. Most of my shot decisions are dependant on how I feel right then about dragging one out and having to butcher up.
I've passed a lot of nice bucks on Sunday evening hunts!