Ag sprayer check valve nozzle body question

Bill

Administrator
My sprayer has these nozzle bodies that hold the spray tips. Any idea if they are serviceable? And other then stopping drips when the pressure is off what is the purpose? I have some that no spray is coming out of yet tips further down the line do work. The tips and screens are clear.

IMG_7305.jpeg

I believe these have check valves in them. I'm curious if they're rusted closed. Have you tried blowing some compressed air through the lines? (From the supply side)

I believe these have check valves in them. I'm curious if they're rusted closed. Have you tried blowing some compressed air through the lines? (From the supply side)

Not air but I did disconnect the supply line and use a hose to put water through them. They work like that but not well. It loosened something up enough that I could finish spraying but long term they need to be fixed or replaced. I'm going to dissect one and see what's in there. Thanks.

I'm guessing they might be rusted/corroded. Did you clean the sprayer with cleaner and water before you put it away? Store it with RV antifreeze? Blow out the lines with compressed air?

Everything but blow out the lines.

So the caps do indeed come apart. Water comes in and the pressure compresses the stainless spring allowing it to pass the valve.
The ones that were giving me trouble had some dirt in there. Probably keeping the springs from compressing enough to get good flow.

IMG_4156.jpeg

TeeJet

Parts are readily available, replacing the whole thing isn't terrible expensive assuming you don't need several of them.