Advantage ladino clover as your perennial clover

WKyGasDoc

5 year old buck +
Any thoughts on this variety? My local farm store go to for Ladino. I used to try some of the others over the years, but shipping costs and the need to support my local farm stores stopped that. I planted Alice white, jumbo mammoth, Durana, prob some other white clovers I have since forgot. I add annual Reds as well but curious about the Whites… Honestly I don’t think any of the other variety’s did any better

How did all your other varieties do?

Looks like an improved Ladino variety. FYI - Ladino is the basis of most perennial clover mixes, a great wildlife clover.

I use Ladino in my plots. The only drawback is it’s not great in the hot dry summers of central Missouri. It’s great in the spring and comes back nicely in the fall. I’m considering frost seeding Durana next year to see if it’s more drought tolerant.

Any thoughts on this variety? My local farm store go to for Ladino. I used to try some of the others over the years, but shipping costs and the need to support my local farm stores stopped that. I planted Alice white, jumbo mammoth, Durana, prob some other white clovers I have since forgot. I add annual Reds as well but curious about the Whites… Honestly I don’t think any of the other variety’s did any better
The big advantage of unimproved clover like ladino is the low cost. Durana is more persistent and drought resistant in my area, but it is more expensive. I get 8-10 years out of Durana before I rotate and 5-7 out of ladino.

I use Ladino in my plots. The only drawback is it’s not great in the hot dry summers of central Missouri. It’s great in the spring and comes back nicely in the fall. I’m considering frost seeding Durana next year to see if it’s more drought tolerant.
I agree, I have found no ladino that continues through these super hot West Ky summers . Fall it bounces back somewhat

Not sure the exact variety of Ladino but I started a Ladino plot last fall that has done very well through this summer under HEAVY HEAVY deer pressure in western KY. Very surprised at how well it has survived the summer heat and 10 to 20 deer in this one acre plot every afternoon. Counted 24 deer in it the other evening!

I plant Ladino in with winter wheat / Rye . I don’t mow and let the wWW/WR shade the clover through the summertime .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk