2020 crops

Looks like you will be having a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!!!

Looks great. We didn't get those top clusters this year, which are usually good for an extra 5+ bu/ac. Bugs moved into the beans late in the growing season, chewing on leaves and pods. Some chose to spray, some didn't. We didn't. Should have some beans ready to cut later in the week after last night's half inch dries up. Cooler temps here now.

Nice lookin crops. Hope you finish strong. We are picking sweet corn today in between cleaning up limbs, and the patch at this farm got leveled pretty well by the big wind. There's more green snap in there than I thought. Going to need to fly a drone over it and hopefully discover that other varieties took it better than the 1 on the outside. Walking in a ways, they seem to have. Beans are anyones guess. I'd say if we catch 2" in Aug, they might have a shot at 80. 1" should get 70. No more rain would be 60 tops.

View attachment 31093
Well we finished beans. I guessed it pretty close. Ours ranged from 58-62 bu/ac. Can't grow great beans without August rain. That's probably our lowest average in 12+ years. Have a few corn farms to go. Looks wet next week!

Quite a bit of 200 bushel corn in my county, also some 65 bushel beans. Good year, and it helps that prices have jumped up.

As I sit here this morning these are the current market prices. I sold my beans in mid OCT for $10.17 cause I needed the room for my corn. I sold 40% of my corn the last two weeks and averaged $4.33. I am gonna put an offer in this morning for another 25%. The price of corn is up about 45 cents since the government report yesterday. These bastards working at the USDA with these reports are CRIMINALS!!! Their lying about crop size the past two years has finally caught up with them. In the mean time, lots of farmers either gave up or went broke.

Capture.PNG

Reports I see are that farmers are already perhaps 90% sold out. Not many guys will be able to capitalize real well on these up markets. I sold 20k bu yesterday just before the report came out, ugh, but at least I didn't sell it all. Gotta sell to make the markets go up.

Mort,

I feel like the past few years there has been a concerted effort by the deep state rats that control these reports to keep the price of grains in the toilet and use it as a political weapon. They have been printing the HUGE carryout numbers ever since Trump put the tariffs on China. The crop size they have been printing with record wetness in 2019, across the corn belt was laughable. For 2+ years I think they fudged and lied about the numbers to make Trump look like complete shit. Just last spring they were printing carryout numbers of soybeans of 600-800 million bushels. Now yesterday the number is down to 140 million?? Give me a break. They have been lying about the size of the Brazil crop. Brazil is HERE buying our beans to ship to China because they oversold. We were the only ones in the world with any soybeans left. I dont even wanna admit how much grain I gave away cause of these dirty fucks.

And NOBODY will be held accountable for it.

Mort,

I feel like the past few years there has been a concerted effort by the deep state rats that control these reports to keep the price of grains in the toilet and use it as a political weapon. They have been printing the HUGE carryout numbers ever since Trump put the tariffs on China. The crop size they have been printing with record wetness in 2019, across the corn belt was laughable. For 2+ years I think they fudged and lied about the numbers to make Trump look like complete shit. Just last spring they were printing carryout numbers of soybeans of 600-800 million bushels. Now yesterday the number is down to 140 million?? Give me a break. They have been lying about the size of the Brazil crop. Brazil is HERE buying our beans to ship to China because they oversold. We were the only ones in the world with any soybeans left. I dont even wanna admit how much grain I gave away cause of these dirty fucks.
I entirely agree. The govt reports serve no purpose other than to manipulate markets and set narratives. The weekly crop condition reports during the growing season are done by ladies driving to their offices in the morning. I also screwed up and dumped most my old crop '19 right before the harvest runup this past fall. All because of the lies. I knew the crop wasn't there, but you can only hold out so long. People, bills and loans need to be paid.

Mort,

Agree, but did it make Trump look bad? No I don’t think so . He got 77% of the farmer vote. Should have been 100% !

Farmers understood the long game, and its paying for now. Beans are over $14

Most of the farmers in my area have sold their soybeans. Not sure on corn.