All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Pruning pics

Looking good Crazy Ed!

Yeh they look great Ed!

Hope everyone is about done with their pruning. I finished up yesterday and a couple of trees looked like they were starting green tip.

Here is another wolf river b118, will be 4th year.

IMG_8757.CR2.jpg

After:
IMG_8766.CR2.jpg

Wider shot of my main orchard which has about 35 trees in it between Oldest tree is 6 years now, a few 5's, majority of 4's and a few 3s. it's been a really fun hobby for me. Every year it should get better and better from a crop standpoint.

IMG_8763.CR2.jpg
CrazE: In your long term plan, will you eventually take those lowest few scaffolds off so that your bottom scaffold will be above your cage? I have trees of similar age (on M.7, however), and my strategy has been to take off everything below the top of the cage right away - knowing that any growth below the browse height would eventually come off and thus be wasted energy now. My trees are 100% for wildlife, though

CrazE: In your long term plan, will you eventually take those lowest few scaffolds off so that your bottom scaffold will be above your cage? I have trees of similar age (on M.7, however), and my strategy has been to take off everything below the top of the cage right away - knowing that any growth below the browse height would eventually come off and thus be wasted energy now. My trees are 100% for wildlife, though

Yes long term plan is to get the 1st scaffold above the cage. Some are already there, others have a ways to go.