2015 Pruning pics

Looking good Crazy Ed!

Yeh they look great Ed!

Hope everyone is about done with their pruning. I finished up yesterday and a couple of trees looked like they were starting green tip.

Here is another wolf river b118, will be 4th year.

IMG_8757.CR2.jpg

After:
IMG_8766.CR2.jpg

Wider shot of my main orchard which has about 35 trees in it between Oldest tree is 6 years now, a few 5's, majority of 4's and a few 3s. it's been a really fun hobby for me. Every year it should get better and better from a crop standpoint.

IMG_8763.CR2.jpg
CrazE: In your long term plan, will you eventually take those lowest few scaffolds off so that your bottom scaffold will be above your cage? I have trees of similar age (on M.7, however), and my strategy has been to take off everything below the top of the cage right away - knowing that any growth below the browse height would eventually come off and thus be wasted energy now. My trees are 100% for wildlife, though

CrazE: In your long term plan, will you eventually take those lowest few scaffolds off so that your bottom scaffold will be above your cage? I have trees of similar age (on M.7, however), and my strategy has been to take off everything below the top of the cage right away - knowing that any growth below the browse height would eventually come off and thus be wasted energy now. My trees are 100% for wildlife, though

Yes long term plan is to get the 1st scaffold above the cage. Some are already there, others have a ways to go.