Who are you?

Hi all..
My name is melissa... i am new here, but not new to wildlife and habitat. I enjoy hunting almost as much as i enjoy watching wildlife in general

Attachments

• 20171103_112009.jpg
    20171103_112009.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 85
Nice buck!!

Hi all..
My name is melissa... i am new here, but not new to wildlife and habitat. I enjoy hunting almost as much as i enjoy watching wildlife in general

Welcome to HT. Glad you found us.

Hello,
My Name is Matt. I am a Veterinarian living in Minnesota. I purchased 180 acres of family land north of Alexandria, MN that my grandfather bought in the 1960's as a hunting property.
I am in the process of replacing close to 60 acres of old CRP brome grass with food plot and switchgrass/ natives. Not much timber but a river goes through the property and there is a lot of riverbottom/cattail/ scrub ROD and such. Planting 50 Antonovka and 50 purists communist rootstock whips in the spring. I'm going to start grafting apples and pears over the next few years.

Purists communis pear trees*
Hate autocorrect!

Hello,
My Name is Matt. I am a Veterinarian living in Minnesota. I purchased 180 acres of family land north of Alexandria, MN that my grandfather bought in the 1960's as a hunting property.
I am in the process of replacing close to 60 acres of old CRP brome grass with food plot and switchgrass/ natives. Not much timber but a river goes through the property and there is a lot of riverbottom/cattail/ scrub ROD and such. Planting 50 Antonovka and 50 purists communist rootstock whips in the spring. I'm going to start grafting apples and pears over the next few years.
Welcome Matt!

Hello,

Welcome Matt,
I'm not one of them but there guys here with lots of fruit tree know how.

My name is Matt, I am a veterinarian and live in Stillwater,MN. I have 180 acres of land in Douglas County by Carlos, MN. The Long Prairie river flows through the property. I was fortunate enough to be able to buy the property after my uncle passed away, because our family has hunted here since my grandfather bought it in the 1960's as a hunting property. Back then the Long Prairie and Sauk rivers were thick with wild rice, but the wild rice and the huge flocks of ducks and geese disappeared in the late 60's/early 70's. I got a permit and tried to plant wild rice for a few years.
There are about 50 acres of tillable land that was planted into CRP brome grass and pines in the mid 1980's. I just finished plowing under the last of the brome grass in and around the pines this fall. I will plant corn for a few years, then plant switch/NWSG in the areas that will not be food plots. About 40 acres to work with. The rest of the 180 is riverbottom with small areas of timber.
Next spring I will be planting apple trees as I try to learn grafting.

I live in Florida but own a 227 acre hunting farm in Hopkins County Kentucky. I just purchased the property. It has turkey, deer fishing in my 4 acre lake. I have joined QDMA and NWTF and have hired a biologist from Tecamate seed company who teaches at Missisippi State University to advise me regarding planting trees, sanctuary areas off limits, food plots and harvesting criteria basically develop a continual sustainable quality deer management plan. I have just purchased the Cuddeback Link trail cameras system with cell service with 5 cameras to observe the deer on my property. I am enjoying the process and learning every day. 86B607F7-BB0C-4A86-800E-EE4513E11F8B.jpeg

Attachments

• 742B9CFF-2E3D-4645-AA49-CBEAB399B411.jpeg
    742B9CFF-2E3D-4645-AA49-CBEAB399B411.jpeg
    484 KB · Views: 16
  • 62BAB3A7-DEBF-4C39-A47A-D65BB422E823.jpeg
    62BAB3A7-DEBF-4C39-A47A-D65BB422E823.jpeg
    643 KB · Views: 16
Welcome Ccabot

Hello All My name is Joe,

I live in New Jersey but I purchased a 187 acre farm in Metcalfe KY in March 2017. I plan on moving down there full time in two years after my daughters are done with school. I lease out 55 acres to a local farmer who alternates soybeans and corn. I have been trying to manage the land and improve the wildlife habitat for the deer and turkey on the property. I joined QDMA and consulted with Kentucky State Foresters and biologists about my property. It's a work in progress that I love doing. I go down every 5 weeks or so and usually stay for 10 days at a time.

Welcome Joe!

I live in New Jersey but I purchased a 187 acre farm in Metcalfe KY in March 2017. I plan on moving down there full time in two years after my daughters are done with school. I lease out 55 acres to a local farmer who alternates soybeans and corn. I have been trying to manage the land and improve the wildlife habitat for the deer and turkey on the property. I joined QDMA and consulted with Kentucky State Foresters and biologists about my property. It's a work in progress that I love doing. I go down every 5 weeks or so and usually stay for 10 days at a time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome.

Welcome Joe,

Where in NJ? My playground is in MO but home is Cape May.

Name is Jeff. My family and I have a small homestead of 11 acres here in Lapeer county Michigan. Eventually I would love to buy another piece of property in northern Michigan or the upper peninsula. Spend a lot of time on Michigan Sportsman forums and really enjoy working on my property with an overall goal of creating better wildlife habitat. Nice to be part of this group!

Name is Jeff. My family and I have a small homestead of 11 acres here in Lapeer county Michigan. Eventually I would love to buy another piece of property in northern Michigan or the upper peninsula. Spend a lot of time on Michigan Sportsman forums and really enjoy working on my property with an overall goal of creating better wildlife habitat. Nice to be part of this group!
Welcome Jeff!

We started out with depleted sand farmland on the zone 4/5 border fifty years ago and have been planting trees and foodplots around here ever since.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Adam. My wife, two boys and I live in Northeast Ohio where our main farm of approx. 170 acres is. Also have around 250 other acres I currently manage. I've been hunting for almost 20 years now and have been managing habitat and hunting properties part time for about 5. Also do bow tuning, lessons and all that jazz on my days off. I'm a full time firefighter/ paramedic during my non hunting time. Lol. Still have a lot to learn and love to get new tips and tricks from others. Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. My name's Adam. My wife, two boys and I live in Northeast Ohio where our main farm of approx. 170 acres is. Also have around 250 other acres I currently manage. I've been hunting for almost 20 years now and have been managing habitat and hunting properties part time for about 5. Also do bow tuning, lessons and all that jazz on my days off. I'm a full time firefighter/ paramedic during my non hunting time. Lol. Still have a lot to learn and love to get new tips and tricks from others. Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone!
Welcome Adam!

I've been here a while, but my name is Seth. I picked my username because I didn't want anyone to know who I was unless this place turned out to be a bunch of jack wagons. You guys passed my stringent vetting process... haha

I live in Holmes county OH, Amish everywhere, and hunt northern Knox county. Self employed handling other people's poop, but own 50 acres and am blessed to finally have a place of my own to try stuff and fail miserably without offending anyone else.
I'm trying to set up my property to kill big bucks. I want all around herd health as well, but want to set things up so I can exploit big deer movement.

Lots of good information on here and I'm enjoying my time on here.