What's for dinner?

I was actually googling purslane recipes today:eek:
Ha. If you like a fresh crisp salad you will enjoy it. Anybody else ever tried it or am I the only idiot? :cool:

Ha. If you like a fresh crisp salad you will enjoy it. Anybody else ever tried it or am I the only idiot? :cool:

Can you boil it in a pan of water? I have soooooo much of this stuff. I read years ago that it is a delicacy in China I believe?

All I have ever done with it is pick it and eat it fresh

Browndog - Fried corn is delicious !!! Mom used to fry it in a cast iron pan with butter until it just started to turn brown. It would be chewy and really sweet from the sugars in the corn being carmelized. Tasty !!!

Browndog - Fried corn is delicious !!! Mom used to fry it in a cast iron pan with butter until it just started to turn brown. It would be chewy and really sweet from the sugars in the corn being carmelized. Tasty !!!

My mom used to fry it all the time when I was a kid too! It takes sweet corn to another level. Carmelized chewy goodness.

I haven't had it in some years. Gonna have to fire some up now that we're talking about it !! :)

Well it wasn't dinner, but had the family up this weekend and tradition for Sunday breakfast is meat fest along with eggs, toast, juice, etc. I cut it back this year and did not do chip beef on toast ... with everyone trying to be healthy.

Just 2 lbs bacon, grilled polish kielbasa, and some venison maple sausage links. :)

IMG_20160731_074325.jpg

Well it wasn't dinner, but had the family up this weekend and tradition for Sunday breakfast is meat fest along with eggs, toast, juice, etc. I cut it back this year and did not do chip beef on toast ... with everyone trying to be healthy.

Just 2 lbs bacon, grilled polish kielbasa, and some venison maple sausage links. :)

View attachment 9798
I'm not a big breakfast guy but if this was being served I would be first in line.

Great pix Browndog !!! Just like Mom used to make. I can taste the chewy brown kernels !! We used to make corn fritters out of any leftover fried corn ........... if there was any !!! :eek:

Great pix Browndog !!! Just like Mom used to make. I can taste the chewy brown kernels !! We used to make corn fritters out of any leftover fried corn ........... if there was any !!! :eek:

I like to brown it just a tad more but my wife doesn't want it too brown.

Brats fresh from the butcher (habanero mango and bacon cheddar) and sweet corn.
cafd56e6c5a479b84ba0876a2272cd43.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

What butcher? Looks good!
I got them from a place near Rochelle, IL. The habanero mango was very good. We didn't like the bacon cheddar. They tasted "hammy". Sweet corn was from that area also and I thought it would be as good or even better than the stuff we get up in Wi. It wasn't :mad:

I got them from a place near Rochelle, IL. The habanero mango was very good. We didn't like the bacon cheddar. They tasted "hammy". Sweet corn was from that area also and I thought it would be as good or even better than the stuff we get up in Wi. It wasn't :mad:

Wife and I took the afternoon off and went to the Waukesha Blues Fest ... stopped at the grocery store and brought home a pizza & chicken wings.

You guys make food look like art! ... :)

Wife and I took the afternoon off and went to the Waukesha Blues Fest ... stopped at the grocery store and brought home a pizza & chicken wings.

You guys make food look like art! ... :)

Tomorrow night is marinated venison loins and I'm going to try frying some of this corn like browndog and others have been talking about.

You guys are killing me. I do like to cook but when I'm at the farm burning til dark it's not a priority.

Dinner.

cbfdcd422a28481855436f92c4c1678d.jpg

It taste a lot like what I had for lunch.
Hey at least there bun length. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did Chicken Marino on the weber grill, collard green slow cooked for 2 hours, and amazing Bi-color sweet corn ...

Chicken Marino.jpg
Collard greens.jpg
Dinner.jpg