What's for dinner?

I have survived pretty well on beer and potato chips for supper for a long time.

But I know I could eat someones boot if it was wrapped with bacon and cooked. I love bacon!

I've made sumac lemonade from staghorn sumac ( red berries ) some years ago. It tasted like lemonade to me. I strained the hot juice thru some cheese cloth, cooled it and added some sugar. Pretty good !! I think it has some good amount of vitamin C.

I've made sumac lemonade from staghorn sumac ( red berries ) some years ago. It tasted like lemonade to me. I strained the hot juice thru some cheese cloth, cooled it and added some sugar. Pretty good !! I think it has some good amount of vitamin C.
All I did was soak some berry heads in cold water for 10 minutes. Then I crushed them with my hands and let them soak for another 10 minutes. Strained the liquid through cloth and squeezed out the juice. I liked it as is but the wife didn't so I added a couple spoon fulls of sugar. Later tonight I think I'll have a glass of it with some vodka thrown in. :D

Later tonight I think I'll have a glass of it with some vodka thrown in. :D

Medicinal of course ... :D

Good looking food in this thread. My contribution isn't fancy, but since it's the season where tomatoes come in faster than can be eaten, I cooked up a batch of salsa last night.

20160827_204156-1_resized.jpg

Good looking food in this thread. My contribution isn't fancy, but since it's the season where tomatoes come in faster than can be eaten, I cooked up a batch of salsa last night.

View attachment 10400
Looks great. How do make it. I have about 20 tomatoes a day to deal with.

Went down to the local grocery store and found some packets of this. Just follow the directions, but I added garden peppers and onions too. The cooked batches I think taste better when you want to have some thawed out later in the year. I fill little butter tubs or lunch meat containers to freeze in.

salsa.jpg

View attachment 10400

None of us are trying to impress with our cooking skills ... it's all about learning about everyone's good comfort food ... rock on!

Looks great, show us the result ...

I hope you guys don't get sick of me posting here, but I am loving this swing away grill. Cheese burgers on toasted buns(dried onions under the cheese) and R-line hotdogs over a maple fire while sipping on a high octane beverage

View attachment 10510
I for one won't get sick of it. Keep them coming, I haven't had time lately to cook much.

Chummer, when are you making Cornell chicken again?

I hope you guys don't get sick of me posting here, but I am loving this swing away grill. Cheese burgers on toasted buns(dried onions under the cheese) and R-line hotdogs over a maple fire while sipping on a high octane beverage

View attachment 10510

You might want to add some hamburger to that cheese ... ;)

I for one won't get sick of it. Keep them coming, I haven't had time lately to cook much.

Chummer, when are you making Cornell chicken again?
Yesterday! It was as good as ever. My wife made chicken salad with the left overs today. Forgot to take a pic but this was from a previous Cornell day. So simple; apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, egg, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Marinade for a couple days. Wood fire is the key.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That looks good chummer. I took chicken breasts out of the freezer and will be trying the cornell recipe.

Yesterday! It was as good as ever. My wife made chicken salad with the left overs today. Forgot to take a pic but this was from a previous Cornell day. So simple; apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, egg, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Marinade for a couple days. Wood fire is the key.
View attachment 10581
View attachment 10580
View attachment 10582
I've tried it a couple times on the propane grill but I can't seem to get that golden brown crisp to it. But I'm not giving up yet!

I've tried it a couple times on the propane grill but I can't seem to get that golden brown crisp to it. But I'm not giving up yet!
You probably can't get it hot enough. That fire gets so hot I have to wear gloves and use very long tongs. I am constantly moving them from one side to another so they don't burn. I try to keep one side around 600 and one around 300. The grate is high enough the flames don't reach the chicken. It is a process but well worth it.

Don't stop with the pix, guys ............. real wood fires ............... I'm almost there .............. salsa-burgers-hot dogs-venison steaks-onions-chicken-Cornell chicken - Cornell chicken .............

Now I have to go cook something. I love / hate this thread !!!!!!!! Even if I've eaten - I get hungry all over again.:)

Don't stop with the pix, guys ............. real wood fires ............... I'm almost there .............. salsa-burgers-hot dogs-venison steaks-onions-chicken-Cornell chicken - Cornell chicken .............

Now I have to go cook something. I love / hate this thread !!!!!!!! Even if I've eaten - I get hungry all over again.:)

Chummers cornel chicken looks wayyyy better than mine....the skin is the best part!!

Last edited:
Teriyaki salmon with a Sriracha cream sauce, cast iron green beans, and white rice.
39d6caf23ce2d3f5fa61dca374abead3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayo (the real stuff), Sriracha, and sweetened condensed milk. About equal parts mayo and Sriracha, usually only a tablespoon or two of the sweetened condensed milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick and easy Venison Fajitas, no grilling required.

Trim fat and other junk from partially frozen venison steaks. Slice up the clean meat. Marinate in Claude's fajita sauce (recommended to me by another forum member).

Sauté some peppers and onions. Place venison under broiler for 5 minutes. Drain off excess liquid. Combine with peppers and onions. Sauté for a minute or two and serve.

c50451ec9e7fdac8fbc8e7bd7ab934c7.jpg

52e734831136a082c119c2e9a2f478e0.jpg

a1650ad0eac01a9626b4dc1955f0cea3.jpg

56e7e5494b1e96473548e5a34f8ed74c.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I can almost taste that Bueller !! Looks great.