All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weather

Bueller I think it’s 7” by our places this weekend you should be all set to start planting next week:emoji_astonished: I was hoping to get some willow transplanted next weekend not this coming weekend. Doesn’t look good
Trees were supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow and planted Saturday but I was able to push the delivery until next week. Saturday's forecast is NASTY "Windy with a wintry mix of precipitation. High 33F. Winds ENE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of precip 90%. Snow and ice accumulating 1 to 3 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph."

Tornadoes predicted here tomorrow.

Trees were supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow and planted Saturday but I was able to push the delivery until next week. Saturday's forecast is NASTY "Windy with a wintry mix of precipitation. High 33F. Winds ENE at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of precip 90%. Snow and ice accumulating 1 to 3 inches. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph."

Are you telling me you don’t like planting trees in a blizzard?

Just saw this in my Twitter feed. At least there's no snow forecast for Koochiching County.

snow-4-13-18.jpg

Getting heavy rain right now. Any snow we get will fall onto bare ground and won't last long. Different story further north.

We had snow last weekend for opening youth day turkey and are supposed to have 80s tomorrow for regular opening day turkey....

Tornados predicted for tonight where I live. Prefer snow over tornados

I have about 15 inches on the ground now, and according to the latest, I should expect somewhere between 15-24 more inches.

Does anyone know a decent site that lists how deep the ground frost is?

Tornados predicted for tonight where I live. Prefer snow over tornados

I agree! Stay safe down there!

Normally I wouldnt even complain about the snow, but I am suppose to start breaking ground on April 20th. I realize that wont happen anymore, but I would like to do it before July.

Yikes, going by that map it's looking like its gunna be awhile till the crops go in.

Turning into a whiteout with this wind.

Getting worse as I post this, guess I'm not making that trip to town right quick.

Update: just had a pretty decent rumble of snow thunder go by. Pretty wicked, haven't heard that in quite some time.

Update: 2:20pm just got back from the beer run, white knuckle driven. 15 mph max, that was gravel backroads, couldn't imagine what the main roads look like. Calling for 8in tonight another 8-10 tomorrow.
20-30mph sustained winds, gusts to 45-50.
But the fires hot an beverages r cold. Time to settle in an turn up the tunes.

Update: next day, just wish it would stop, wood shed has a 4ft drift in it. Geese r pissed. Outdoor cats r not impressed either.

Update: the bronc is working on getting buried, should be fun ripping around later. Also finishing up some habitat prep work.

Update: 609pm, $#!+$ getting deep, more snow than I've seen all year combined

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    411 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    348.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
First wave of rain went through and just rain, second wave was rain and hail. 36 deg right now but temps to drop overnight and turn to freezing rain tomorrow.

MoyaCXf.jpg

First wave of rain went through and just rain, second wave was rain and hail. 36 deg right now but temps to drop overnight and turn to freezing rain tomorrow.
I'm more concerned about the ice than the snow at this point. 1/2" of ice and 50 mph winds could tear shit up.

Farmers almanac says the warm weather should go late this fall. Hopefully everything will grow properly.

I'm more concerned about the ice than the snow at this point. 1/2" of ice and 50 mph winds could tear shit up.
Yep

Opening day of Minnesota stream trout is tomorrow. Streams are all cold, high , and muddy. Going to be a lot of disappointed people.