Weather

The late week forecast is not looking good. It looks like a possible 14-20 inches of snow coming Friday and Saturday. I sure hope that it shifts, or changes. I still have 2.5 feet of snow on the ground. This is getting rediculous.
WTH I didn’t here that pretty soon you guys up north will be able to shoot 4 th of July fireworks from snow banks. I bet the fishing opener will be with a auger not a boat.

It was 21 here yesterday morning then got up to 41, 26 this morning. The forecast says warm up is on it's way, Thursday -Friday- Saturday here is supposed to hit 70!

WTH I didn’t here that pretty soon you guys up north will be able to shoot 4 th of July fireworks from snow banks. I bet the fishing opener will be with a auger not a boat.

Lots of moisture, almost 2 inches of water, depending on temps, we may get all snow, or all rain, or a mixture of the 2. Sounds like it will be right at the point of it switching back and forth, and getting a mixture with really heavy wet snow.

I've been going to head to the farm 3 weekends in a row now to shed hunt. Due to the inclimate weather I haven't made it yet. This weekend they are talking 5-8" of snow Friday with 20-25mph winds, 1-3" Saturday and 1-3" Sunday. I might go just for the challenge of making it there, but the odds of finding a shed with constant snow and high winds is about as good as the chances of the damn lakes being open for the fishing opener on May 12th:emoji_rage:

Pretty rough up north, not including April...
View attachment 17702
That map doesn’t even tell the true story. The toughest time for deer is late winter/early spring. Even areas on the map that haven’t had a bad winter are now hurting hard with all the snow and continued low temps. Green up seems so far away rt now. Our CDAC said it was a mild winter at their meeting and recommended doubling the antlerless quota. It is mild no more but they will still do it.

So here it is!

DB6DBB81-C40E-420E-A167-308403D494C5.png

^^^so glad I'm in the blue. Snow should be gone around my parts by next weekend and hopefully I get can my plug tool in the ground:emoji_fingers_crossed:.

^^^so glad I'm in the blue. Snow should be gone around my parts by next weekend and hopefully I get can my plug tool in the ground:emoji_fingers_crossed:.
Your dreaming

Next your going to tell me your going to be in your Speedo too !

I hope this forecast model is WRONG E8C678D0-D624-42C8-86EF-3DD1A5A492FD.png

Not real happy with ma nature.
Had to split wood after work to get ready for the next blizzard.
Thought I had plenty in the stock pile.

Also had planned to plant apples tomorrow... Well that's a no go
Using a pickax I was able to dig a hole about a foot down in completely frozen ground before I said f it. Little nervous that the trees will have been delivered an out of the ground for a month before I get the chance to plant them.

Doing everything I can to keep them comfortable in a makeshift cold room.
Blackout windows, shut off all warm air entry, even resorted to bringing in coolers full of snow to soak up any extra heat. Have been able to keep them anywhere from 32 degrees to 44 for a high.
Removed them from the original shipping package, put moist potting soil around the roots an triple bagged them an resealed the best I could.

All I can do now is pray things turn around weather wise.
Which is looking real likely at the moment.
Calling for 30-40 mph winds on Friday,
With anywhere from 6-24 inches of snow with lows around 13.

Will it ever end?

Last edited:
trampledbyturtles I forget, where are you located?

South Dakota

Holy crap that much snow:emoji_astonished:

Kooch, I am suppose to break ground on building in 8 days in NW Wisconsin. Being there is still 2 feet of snow, and who knows how much we will get from this new storm. Kind of depressing!

Snow Man, it looks like we will be getting more rain then snow, but it will all depend on about 2 degrees of temp, it also looks like it shifted a little more south then originally forecasted, and I am ok with that.

Not real happy with ma nature.
Had to split wood after work to get ready for the next blizzard.
Thought I had plenty in the stock pile.

Also had planned to plant apples tomorrow... Well that's a no go
Using a pickax I was able to dig a hole about a foot down in completely frozen ground before I said f it. Little nervous that the trees will have been delivered an out of the ground for a month before I get the chance to plant them.

Doing everything I can to keep them comfortable in a makeshift cold room.
Blackout windows, shut off all warm air entry, even resorted to bringing in coolers full of snow to soak up any extra heat. Have been able to keep them anywhere from 32 degrees to 44 for a high.
Removed them from the original shipping package, put moist potting soil around the roots an triple bagged them an resealed the best I could.

All I can do now is pray things turn around weather wise.
Which is looking real likely at the moment.
Calling for 30-40 mph winds on Friday,
With anywhere from 6-24 inches of snow with lows around 13.

Will it ever end?

I hear ya, I am well into next years wood supply due to the long winter/late spring!

I am going to the farm this weekend even if I have to rent a snowmobile to make the 200 mile treck!!

We got about a foot of snow Saturday up at my place and now there is a winter storm watch for Tuesday with another 8-12 forecasted. I was happy with the winter up until recently. Now with this new snow and forecasted cold temps not so much. This could be tuff on the deer. Spring needs to come soon.

Yep, I’m in the same situation, about 3-4 weeks ago, I thought we had an easy winter for the deer, now with the prolonged snow and cold temps, not so sure.

Bueller I think it’s 7” by our places this weekend you should be all set to start planting next week:emoji_astonished: I was hoping to get some willow transplanted next weekend not this coming weekend. Doesn’t look good