Weather

6-11" and COLD this week. As much as this is going to suck, the bright side is the break we've been waiting for appears to arrive the middle of next week.

Thankfully at home we got rain. PA got dumped on last night. Hopefully this is winters last hurrah. The chickweed in my lawn is throwing up seeds so it's got to be soon.

3" at home here in S.E. Pa. Sun supposed to come out later & melt it. I just hope when it warms up - it stays warm and we don't get any surprise late frosts. We don't need a year without apples, peaches, pears, cherries, etc.

We are suppose to get another 6-10" tonight and tomorrow. On top of the 3 feet that is already on the ground, with high temps barely above freezing, and lows in the single digits.

I wanted to cut up some trees I had knocked down into firewood this morning but we got three inches of wet snow last night.

I am soooooo ready for spring!!!!!

I am Soooo frick'n tired of snow! I battled to plant some trees Saturday, after Friday here was great and then we got snow Sunday night! Not a lot, not even enough to cover the grass, but still enough to simply demonstrate that spring still isn't here to stay yet!

We are getting hammered in Ohio today.

We had about 3 feet of snow on the ground, getting 6-8 inches today, and suppose to get another 4-6 this weekend. The 10 day forecast is showing temps above freezing towards the end of the forecast. We may just melt off some of the snow before the 4th of July.

Had 2.5" plus of rain yesterday that we did not need and today it is snowing again....the rest of this week looks like highs in the low 40's.

Spring weather should start next Wednesday in Ohio. Still a few nights below freezing before then.

Spring weather should start next Wednesday in Ohio. Still a few nights below freezing before then.
We will still drop below freezing at night but forecast shows starting next Thursday no highs below 55 for the rest of the month :emoji_grinning:

Kind of depressing if you ask me. I am suppose to break ground in 2 weeks. But there is still 3 feet of snow, and by the looks of the forecast, it won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. B068F6F9-6355-49C7-A0DB-5A88173F8E45.png

6F07DD79-317F-436E-9019-80AF5E901099.png

Just talked to B-I-L. near my camp. It was snowing there. Friday's forecast is for another 2" of snow. :emoji_angry: :emoji_thumbsdown:

Not what I like seeing at the moment,
SLN arrived Friday, at least it's keeping the trees in cold storage...
Got the cages in place, fabric an screen ready
Gunna try to battle to get them in Thursday,
have highs in 50s planned for two days to help lossen up things,
then another round of snow an rain forecasted.
Might take a pickax an everything the earth auger has
But limited on options at this point.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 13
Used a pickaxe to plant some pear trees a few years back. It worked but was not fun.

The late week forecast is not looking good. It looks like a possible 14-20 inches of snow coming Friday and Saturday. I sure hope that it shifts, or changes. I still have 2.5 feet of snow on the ground. This is getting rediculous.

It's snowing in Ohio again.

Pretty rough up north, not including April...
IMG_20180409_161733.jpg

It has been a long hard winter. Right after rifle season we got a couple feet of snow, and it hasnt melted since. My turnips and radishes havent been used since the snow came right after deer hunting. I have gotten less then 50 pictures since December 1st, when normally I will get 10-50 per day over the winter.

Too bad the deer permit police dont see the hard winter as a problem, and are still recommending 10,000 permits for our county.