Tractor Trade in Time

.... I don't have a grapple bucket, but will likely put an "Add a Grapple" onto my pallet forks.
The new pallet fork frame and pallet fork grapple arrived. I need to get some line extensions for the hydraulics, but I should have things ready for wood cutting duties this coming weekend.

Grapple.jpg

My 2013 5045E has 900 hours on and been excellent ...I did have one "burp" last month ..turn the key nothing.. got on the Green Forum and found that there is a "do this first" suggestion and it applies to all 5045,65,75 and maybe 85E's
Check your fuse box (under steering wheel) and look for a blown 10amp fuse (on mine it was top row second from right) and says something like "start solenoid" ..the wording may not be exact ..anyway
It fuses a cold start solenoid that is above and in front of the injector pump and sort of looks like a temp sensor with a short 6" 2 pronged pigtail and connector
It's purpose is to automatically advance the timing when it senses cold coolant ..TIP ...You will lose 1/2 gallon of coolant when you pull it but if you are quick not that much even however there is a fuel return line in the way that makes it hard to do quick
replace the 10 amp fuse and it starts right up once the bad sensor has been replaced.
TIP ...in an emergency situation you can replace the blown 10 amp fuse then UNPLUG the sensor and start you JD for sure on an engine that has been running recently but I cannot tell you what will work on a cold cold engine on a cold winter day ..Ether perhaps could overcome the lack of timing advance but I cannot say for certain

Just a FYI from a happy John Deere owner..

Bear

One thing I checked was to make sure JD used petroleum in the wire insulation to help with mice chewing wires.Most vehicles they us vegetable oil and they chew the crap out of vehicle wires

One thing I checked was to make sure JD used petroleum in the wire insulation to help with mice chewing wires.Most vehicles they us vegetable oil and they chew the crap out of vehicle wires
I have been fortunate in that I have not had critter issues related to wiring at our home/farm. At the cabin, the squirrels caused thousands (as in 10,000) of damage chewing the wiring on two cars and my old pickup. The wiring on my previous JD's (3020, 3035 and two mowers) seems unattractive to the mice, so I am hoping that will be true for the 5 series.

Here is the grapple I am using. So far, I really like it. IMG_3593.jpeg

Interesting setup. I hadn't seen that pallet fork style before, so thanks for sharing.