All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

Buy war stocks the politicians are on both sides of the aisle. Likely any defense contractor or cyber security firms will see a large bump in profits.

I have had a position in Lockheed for years. It's been good to me.

I almost took a job with Lockheed straight out of the military as a civilian contractor doing the same job I did on active duty. Probably would have but I didn’t care to live in SE Colorado any longer at the time. Moved back to Northern Wisconsin and have now lived in SE Kansas for 20 years. Sometimes home isn’t quite as good as your memories of it are.

I almost took a job with Lockheed straight out of the military as a civilian contractor doing the same job I did on active duty. Probably would have but I didn’t care to live in SE Colorado any longer at the time. Moved back to Northern Wisconsin and have now lived in SE Kansas for 20 years. Sometimes home isn’t quite as good as your memories of it are.

Not sure that was the right decision but you can't make it over so it's mute. Good company with lots of growth opportunity from what I've seen. I used to sell electronic components to them. They certainly work on some cool ass projects!

Bowsnbucks -you are naive thinking that Democrats didn’t cheat in the last election. You will find out in 2024, as the coordinated effort will hard to duplicate with more eyes watching and a third party candidate. The millions of ballots at 3 am in the morning won’t work in 2024–as Republicans are embracing mail in ballots.

You can read up on Democrats getting caught stuffing ballots in the swing states, bringing in ballots to Pennsylvania from NY, Georgia has no record of over 100,000 ballots , a recent coordinated voter fraud group in Michigan. Arizona had major fraud in the last 2 elections…It’s all there, but it’s not on CNN or MSNBC !

I think INTEL is going to make a big comeback. They have been building facilities and investing in their future again after 10 years of being fairly stagnant. Of course I lost my ass on BBBY so there's that....

I think INTEL is going to make a big comeback. They have been building facilities and investing in their future again after 10 years of being fairly stagnant. Of course I lost my ass on BBBY so there's that....
When it comes to picking stocks......very few of us bat 1000.

When it comes to picking stocks......very few of us bat 1000.
You're a hell of a lot more supportive than my wife is about it that's for sure! I just keep quiet about my less than impressive picks now.

Around here people asking a certain price to sell their homes were offered 50k over the asking price so it wouldn't become a bidding war. I have done more than one deal where I agreed on a price for something and then someone offers more money and it becomes a bidding war. People have no morals anymore. Handshake means nothing. Seems like no one realized that selling their homes or property for more than they thought it was worth didn't register that whatever they want to buy is also going to COST a lot more than it should. Sell your stuff for a profit and go deep in debt to replace it. I have never been one to accuse the general population of being smart. jmo

Around here people asking a certain price to sell their homes were offered 50k over the asking price so it wouldn't become a bidding war. I have done more than one deal where I agreed on a price for something and then someone offers more money and it becomes a bidding war. People have no morals anymore. Handshake means nothing. Seems like no one realized that selling their homes or property for more than they thought it was worth didn't register that whatever they want to buy is also going to COST a lot more than it should. Sell your stuff for a profit and go deep in debt to replace it. I have never been one to accuse the general population of being smart. jmo
I know a couple of people that thought they were cutting a fat hog when they sold their homes......and later found they could not replace their home at the price they had hoped. It's a bitch when your nose is on the outside of the glass.

I had very seriously considered sell two homes and building a new one on the new farm.I have since decided I don’t care to turn loose of any real estate at least for a while.

Wait until they print more aid for Israel and Palestine😳 and Ukraine.
Housing costs will be up because the dollar keeps getting shaved. until the cards all fall anyway.

I think google is a interesting stock.

I heard 80% of TV viewing of people under 30 is U tube.

Netflix should bounce pretty good after earnings. Will it stay up? Who knows

I think google is a interesting stock.

I heard 80% of TV viewing of people under 30 is U tube.
The only stuff I watch is Rumble and Youtube. I can't stand network TV.

Buddy who is in real-estate and I talked yesterday. He expects interest rates to increase for a year then stabilize, but he expects building materials to keep increasing after that as well as increases in dirt work/grading labor. Also said there is a nation wide shortage of transformers slowing down new builds. He can't believe that with a nation wide shortage to the power grid components that the president is pushing electric vehicles so much.

Buddy who is in real-estate and I talked yesterday. He expects interest rates to increase for a year then stabilize, but he expects building materials to keep increasing after that as well as increases in dirt work/grading labor. Also said there is a nation wide shortage of transformers slowing down new builds. He can't believe that with a nation wide shortage to the power grid components that the president is pushing electric vehicles so much.

Here is current lead times....this is weeks, not days. All from CRB's market condition report. Extremely accurate information.

Medium Voltage Fused Switchgear (15kV class, 1200A) 66
Medium Voltage Fused Switchgear (4160V class, 1200A) 66
Medium Voltage Transformer - 3Ph - 45-500kva 130
Medium Voltage Transformer - 3Ph - 501-1500kva 160
Medium Voltage Transformer - 3Ph - 1501-3000kva 160

I don't think stocks are going to come back very well at all until we get someone else in the white house. Anyone else will give us and the rest of the world hope immediately. jmho

Here is current lead times....this is weeks, not days. All from CRB's market condition report. Extremely accurate information.

Medium Voltage Fused Switchgear (15kV class, 1200A) 66
Medium Voltage Fused Switchgear (4160V class, 1200A) 66
Medium Voltage Transformer - 3Ph - 45-500kva 130
Medium Voltage Transformer - 3Ph - 501-1500kva 160
Medium Voltage Transformer - 3Ph - 1501-3000kva 160

160 weeks is a long ass time to wait!

Dang browsnbucks, I'm glad you put a disclaimer on that that cause sure felt like you were yelling and foaming at the mouth. Maybe put the disclaimer at the start to set the mood next time.