All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Market is the bottom in?

McDonalds is starting to use robots in the kitchen. How many people will that replace?

If delivery drones ever really catch on how many workers will that replace? Robots are already picking orders and doing work in warehouses. These numbers start to add up! People that don't work don't pay income tax so where is the government going to generate the funds they need to piss away in the most idiotic way possible?

Biden will just create more government jobs, that will help.

Just think how much income tax those high paid public funded IRS agents will pay in.

The company I work for makes processing equipment for the big cheese companies, like Kraft, Sargento, Crystal Farms, etc. In the past two years we've designed and built more equipment using robots and automation, at the company's requests, because they can't stay fully staffed. While that may cut down the number of employees those companies need, our company created a new division full of engineers, welders, electricians, assemblers, service personnel, etc

Of course now that interest rates have climbed so high, our customers are cutting back on capital investments, and we are currently in the midst of 3-6 month layoffs.

Dems really have done a number on this economy........

The real horror show will happen when medical/technical advances progress to the point that the wealthy no longer die. Get your head wrapped around that nightmare.

Will they ever cure cancer or do they make too much money treating it? Ervin "MAGIC" Johnson was cured of AIDS in the '80s when every one else was dying from it.'

Will they ever cure cancer or do they make too much money treating it? Ervin "MAGIC" Johnson was cured of AIDS in the '80s when every one else was dying from it.'

If money is no issue, there are some options. Car T Cell therapy for example

McDonalds is starting to use robots in the kitchen. How many people will that replace?
A number of McDonalds in Kentucky have been caught using a couple 10 year-olds and hundreds of other minors in their establishments. One of the 10-year-olds was reportedly seen operating one of the hot oil fryers - which is illegal until at least 16 years of age, according to Labor Dept. (Is this law-abiding?? Honorable, safe working conditions??) Others were working until midnight - good for school grades & studies - right?? School kids don't need time to study & get enough sleep ...... when there's more profit to be made. Child labor laws going back to the 1920'a and 1930's. And who's doing the labor-law reversals?? Can anyone 'fess up & name those responsible??

Laws made to be broken (by self-proclaimed "law-abiding people"????) for a fatter bottom line. The "rule of law" .......... except when it's US - then we turn a blind eye. ---- Bravo.

Well Bernie Sanders has a solution, up the minimum pay to $17 per hour.

That will just push companies to go offshore, or AI quicker!
Hey ..... I know - the way to get jobs back to the U.S.A. is to slash everyone's pay to less than a Chinese child, or a kid in an orphanage in Bangladesh. U.S. workers just need to "get real" and not be so "greedy." Folks who make 20, 50, 100 million per year, or in some cases more than a BILLION in a week!! - can't afford that 3rd yacht equipped with a helicopter, or a new private jet.

U.S. workers are just too d*** greedy. If they'd just agree to live in poverty - like the offshore folks do - they'd get their jobs back. $17 / hour in 2023 ............. gracious sakes!!! How can the magna-rich afford to stock their hidden underground bunkers in New Zealand or in Mid-west states' underground missile shelters??? The CEO's have to have a place to escape in luxury, after all.

Hey ..... I know - the way to get jobs back to the U.S.A. is to slash everyone's pay to less than a Chinese child, or a kid in an orphanage in Bangladesh. U.S. workers just need to "get real" and not be so "greedy." Folks who make 20, 50, 100 million per year, or in some cases more than a BILLION in a week!! - can't afford that 3rd yacht equipped with a helicopter, or a new private jet.

U.S. workers are just too d*** greedy. If they'd just agree to live in poverty - like the offshore folks do - they'd get their jobs back. $17 / hour in 2023 ............. gracious sakes!!! How can the magna-rich afford to stock their hidden underground bunkers in New Zealand or in Mid-west states' underground missile shelters??? The CEO's have to have a place to escape in luxury, after all.
^ Communist! (grin)

So, raising the minimum wage has always worked so well! Lets see, when workers demand more pay from low paying jobs, 2 things happen, their jobs get replaced by machines, or they raise the cost of their product in order to pay these people more, then the $17 dollar minimum wage isnt enough again, so they need another raise, so the businesses raise prices again, and replace more people with machines, and they have to raise the pay more. I am not sure, but that may have something to do with the high inflation.

Working at McDonnalds isnt suppose to be a good living, it is an entry job, that requires little education, or experience. So if you are working at McDonnalds, and you cant afford your cell phone payment, car payment, 2 bedroom apartment, utilities, and be able to take vacations, go out to the bar every weekend, pay a babysitter, smoke 2 packs a day, and be able to save for retirement, maybe it is time to find a better paying job. If McDonnalds cant get people to work for them because they dont pay enough, then they will have to reiase their pay on their own, or purchase robots, or machines to do the work.

The puts play on KRE is ugly today. I went up as high as 60% yesterday. Today, i'm down 35%. That's ok. I've got six weeks for this to get worse. Riding on the shoulders of Jpow i feel pretty good he'll finish them off. They probably need fewer banks if the banks are going to be the policing arm of the FDA and WHO.

I bought $7k worth of FRCB. After JP Morgan bought em up I don't feel like it's completely out of the question to give it a shot. Easy come, easy go! Against most people's advice I still think banks can turn the investor a profit if you happen to pick the right ones at the right times. Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment? Of course my wife doesn't participate in my "gambling".

Personally I think AI is a great idea. Robots wont be paying any income taxes. Less tax revenue means government will eventually be forced to slash unnecessary positions and spending. Government will become smaller and be forced to become more conservative. The libs will all starve to death and we will just roll the clock back 60 years. Hopefully time is on my side to see it and my future great grand children will have a wonderful country to grow up in like some of you had growing up.

Personally I think AI is a great idea. Robots wont be paying any income taxes. Less tax revenue means government will eventually be forced to slash unnecessary positions and spending. Government will become smaller and be forced to become more conservative. The libs will all starve to death and we will just roll the clock back 60 years. Hopefully time is on my side to see it and my future great grand children will have a wonderful country to grow up in like some of you had growing up.
I'm pretty sure that politicians will figure out a way to extract money from the people. Sales taxes, use taxes, property taxes, real estate taxes, consumption taxes, death taxes, estate taxes, and more. If you got some $$......someone in gov't is scheming the means to get it from you.

I'm pretty sure that politicians will figure out a way to extract money from the people. Sales taxes, use taxes, property taxes, real estate taxes, consumption taxes, death taxes, estate taxes, and more. If you got some $$......someone in gov't is scheming the means to get it from you.
Start up a dummy corporation and write off as much as you can get away with and claim a loss every year. Stop buying a bunch of crap you don't need. There is only sales tax on items you purchase. Buy off road fuel for all of your non cars/trucks. Estate taxes only apply when property is sold. Just pass everything down or at a minimum sell it to family for what you bought it for so there isn't any capitol gain tax.

One could make a good arguement that inflation is killing the value of cash meaning there is a negative capital gain/loss. Good luck with that one but...

Start up a dummy corporation and write off as much as you can get away with and claim a loss every year. Stop buying a bunch of crap you don't need. There is only sales tax on items you purchase. Buy off road fuel for all of your non cars/trucks. Estate taxes only apply when property is sold. Just pass everything down or at a minimum sell it to family for what you bought it for so there isn't any capitol gain tax.

One could make a good arguement that inflation is killing the value of cash meaning there is a negative capital gain/loss. Good luck with that one but...
Yep.....I suppose we could all quit consuming and live under a rock.....but what fun is that??? I like living large. Grin. 'Merica baby! (I do some of the things you say.....including generation skipping......life is complicated.)

Since when does government spending have anything to do with how much they collect in taxes?

A number of McDonalds in Kentucky have been caught using a couple 10 year-olds and hundreds of other minors in their establishments. One of the 10-year-olds was reportedly seen operating one of the hot oil fryers - which is illegal until at least 16 years of age, according to Labor Dept. (Is this law-abiding?? Honorable, safe working conditions??) Others were working until midnight - good for school grades & studies - right?? School kids don't need time to study & get enough sleep ...... when there's more profit to be made. Child labor laws going back to the 1920'a and 1930's. And who's doing the labor-law reversals?? Can anyone 'fess up & name those responsible??

Laws made to be broken (by self-proclaimed "law-abiding people"????) for a fatter bottom line. The "rule of law" .......... except when it's US - then we turn a blind eye. ---- Bravo.
There’s one political party that is intent on allowing those 10-16 year old minors to take puberty blockers, have sex change operations and consider themselves cats or whatever they feel like that day. if they can make decisions like those without even parental notification then what’s wrong with running a deep fryer until midnight? Either their old enough to make decisions or they’re not.

There’s one political party that is intent on allowing those 10-16 year old minors to take puberty blockers, have sex change operations and consider themselves cats or whatever they feel like that day. if they can make decisions like those without even parental notification then what’s wrong with running a deep fryer until midnight? Either their old enough to make decisions or they’re not.
Don’t try to be logical liberal ideas never hold up to that litmus test.