All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheepshead

Sounds like fun.

Sounds like fun.

Tom you want to stop by Saturday for a bit and jump in? No land tour though.

Brad I would love to stop by, but it is my daughters birthday and she is having a party at her house.

Bumping this just to gloat that having year two of my annual sheepshead weekend at the cabin this coming weekend. 6 guys. JD. Dealer sits. Double on the bump.

Sure our cabin is for hunting. But I love doing weekends like this with no work and just relaxing up there.

Just guys. Fish fry tonight at a local bar. Sheepshead till the sun comes up. Sleep for a few hours. A couple guys are going golfing mid morning. Then sheepshead all afternoon on the poarch outside. Grilled Ribeyes for dinner. Lots of beer. Lots of good snacks.

Can't wait.

We use our place much the same. While hunting is at or near the top of the list, we have many good times with family and friends at our place throughout the year.

Bumping this again........................................ Annual sheepshead weekend again going up Friday night. Wooooooooooooooooooooo.

Anyone been playing?

I caught a sheepshead once, line wasn't in the water just dangling by the boat and it jumped out of the water and grabbed the hook. Does this count?

Bunch of us are playing this Saturday!

Where? How do you guys play?

Cant' wait to suck beer and play cards all night.

I caught a sheepshead once, line wasn't in the water just dangling by the boat and it jumped out of the water and grabbed the hook. Does this count?

No.

Well you suck.

Guys night at a friends house..deep frying catfish, grilling burgers, beer, booze and sheepshead

I'd call you a bastard if I wasn't doing the same.

Is this something you guys do often ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we play JD partner like we will this weekend and you get it in the blind we don't allow throw it in for snitz. You just have to play through it.

So is it double on the bump if you throw it in?

Not if they throw in. Don't get too many throwing in if the JD is picked. I usually try running it if I pick it.

Yeah if I was strong I would bury normal but if I was real weak I would bury for snitz and take my chances.

What kind of stakes do you play?

We play .25 0.5 0.75. Double on the bump and crack and recrack

No leasters. All doublers

If you ever need another player let me know. Lol. Have money and will travel.

All this talk of crack and sniz makes me want to leave work early and get home to momma before any of the kids have a chance to come over..........you sure you guys are talking about playing cards??o_O:eek::confused:

All this talk of crack and sniz makes me want to leave work early and get home to momma before any of the kids have a chance to come over..........you sure you guys are talking about playing cards??o_O:eek::confused:

Sicko! Lol

When you buy that land wisc we will be playing a lot of cribbage.

I've played .25, .50, .75. Usually it's $1. $2, $3. Double on the bump, crack, recrack. I should clarify, the only time JD gets to throw in is if it was picked at the end. Always have one clown that wants to run a leaster hand every now and then. One of our buddies that has played with us usually had a bad case of "pick"itis...drove me nuts.

I think that is mostly why we do doublers. Want to be a Maurer on the end ? Fine. It's a doubler.

Do you play the computer other people with the app?

It's just the computer unfortunately. I wish someone would come out with mutiplayer app just like yahoo used to have.