All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scott's habitat improvements

Finished up getting my cereal grains in yesterday, part of this is going to be a clover plot so next year I'll clip the rye and have the clover.

Clover plot is down by the tree tubes.

Ran a strip next to the sorghum plot, this too will be a clover strip.

Somethings wrong, you dirt doesn't seem to be as sandy as mine. :)

Cereal grains planted on Tues. off to a good start.

You plots look great.

Good work Scott. Everything's looking real good. Deer ought to like it all.

You plots look great.
Good work Scott. Everything's looking real good. Deer ought to like it all.
Thanks guys! Didn't know how things were going to turn out because it had been a pretty dry summer but we've had some timely rains lately.

Looking good Scott. How's the Colorado packing going?

Looking good Scott. How's the Colorado packing going?
No packing yet, leaving next Tues morning and start hunting Thurs. Looking forward for some time off and early hunting.

Have a good trip!

That is some fine looking plotting, and the blind looks great too.

The grains I planted recently look at about the same stage as yours in the pictures. We are needing a good drenching rain here for them to really take off.

That is some fine looking plotting, and the blind looks great too.

The grains I planted recently look at about the same stage as yours in the pictures. We are needing a good drenching rain here for them to really take off.
Since I planted these cereal grains we've had over 3" on rain, they are doing really good.

These pics were taken after it had been in a week. It'll 2 weeks on tues.

That's going to be lush green when you get back.

As usual your plots look great. Did you work up the strip by the sorghum? Good Luck and enjoy your Colorado hunt,

As usual your plots look great. Did you work up the strip by the sorghum? Good Luck and enjoy your Colorado hunt,
Thanks! Yes I disked up this area braodcast the rye. oats. peas and sunflowers disked them in cultipacked broadcast red clover, ladino clover, alfalfa, hairy vetch and radishes and cultipacked again.

Pulled cards last night and everything seems to be liking the cereal coming up. Tues. it will be 2 weeks on these plots.

Not sure if this is the same buck or not.

This camera is on a tree with a ladder stand.

It looks like you have a bumper crop of future deer this year!

Cereal grains are doing well, the only rain in the last 10 days was day before yesterday and we got 1.5".

Curious to see how long the sunflowers are going to last, my guess s not much longer.

Thats a thick carpet of green there man looks perfect!

Looks great. How many pounds per acre to seed your grains at?