Scott's habitat improvements

Looks great. How many pounds per acre to seed your grains at?
About 50# rye and 50# oats, I say about because the rye was a 56# and I bought 100# bag of oats so the oats is a guess

In my cereal grain plot I added sunflowers this fall, plot seems to be doing good.

IMAG0031a_zpsmj3cpvt5.jpg

My first 2 pears off this Kieffer pear

Overall orchard.

Our throw and mow plot is doing good.

Kind of a B & B I guess.

Saturday was our youth hunt here so I take it theses guys were pushed off the neighbors to the west.

You need to ask the neighbors to hunt when your on stand!

And are they daisys coming up in the plot. I can't seem to get rid of Daisys in my clover. No matter how low I mow they grow out more flowers.

I've had this kiddie pool as a water hole for the last 3yrs and it's still going strong.

And they use it regularly, dates and times are off on this camera, bateries dies and I never reset them. These pics were in the last week.

And are they daisys coming up in the plot. I can't seem to get rid of Daisys in my clover. No matter how low I mow they grow out more flowers.
A little bit of everything daisys, wild carrot and some buckwheat.

Too bad that one buck is now a half-rack !! He looks to have been a good one. Nice plots and fruit trees, Scott.

It's cool to plant things for wildlife and then see the plan come together with deer & other critters using what you've planted. Nice work Scott. Thanks for sharing pix.

It looks like those 3 bucks from a couple weeks ago stuck around, one of them is a busted left side and one is a 4 or 5 pt.

You have things looking so great - as always. Looks like the deer are taking note of that fact too. No telling how many deer you will see per set hunting this year.

Scott, your daytime buck pictures are incredible! I thought they only came out at night, lol!

Got out and planted some trees today, I order 15 Bur gambel oaks to fill in some tubes that I lost trees in. Earlier this spring /summer i ordered some bur oaks and ninebark but the rains quit so I just potted them and planted them today. I mostly planted them around my throw and mow plot. I also planted 25 red cedars so I ended up planting 50 trees today.

Bur gambel from the U of Idaho

I filled in some tubes that I lost the trees in.

This Chinkapin really took off this year, it was planted last year as a seedling.

Make sure you plant what you think did, these were supposed to be hazelnuts but I must have grabbed willows instead. I thought those hazelnuts were really taken off then I looked in the tubes, lol

Scott, that has got to be the biggest forkhorn I've ever seen!

Scott, that has got to be the biggest forkhorn I've ever seen!
Yea me too, we've had some big 4's over the years but nothing like him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A few pics going to the stand and while in the stand last night.

Heading back, those maples in the back are some of the most colorful we have around, they are just getting started.

Looking north from the stand, Ash trees in back were at about 6' to make a living screen and some bedding.

MG screen behind me.

The farmer took the black beans off last week.

I tried to ring my plots with the sorghum mix, it did well except for this one area probably because of compaction from years of driving here.

Sorghum is looking good, the brassicas I added to the mix are doing good.

Pic of all the plots cereal grains in front, brassicas, alfalfa strip and sorghum, thurs they were taking the beans off and I think this is what they are looking at.

I think they are starting to chase a little, this doe went through and a buck went through 4 min later.

Couple new guys that I haven't seen before.

Nice plots. Looks like you have a lot of cover there. Is it just your place, or does your part of the world have a lot of cover in general?