All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

planting date

270 sniper

A good 3 year old buck
I have a property in NE PA and I want to make one of my plots into a clover plot and I was wondering if it was too soon to plant a cover crop like winter rye or BFO.

I am heading up to the property this weekend and I might not get back up to the property until the 1st week of September

I have a property in NE PA and I want to make one of my plots into a clover plot and I was wondering if it was too soon to plant a cover crop like winter rye or BFO.

I am heading up to the property this weekend and I might not get back up to the property until the 1st week of September
With the amount of rain we've had, and baring a late summer drought, it's not too early except that rye will probably get a bit tough for deer to like, but still do okay for a nurse crop.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree. You could always mow the Rye first week of September, if needed.