Mn. goal setting meetings

wildfire

5 year old buck +
Are the meetings only for those that were contacted by the DNR?

There are public meetings for everyone. After the public meetings are done there are meetings for the people on the advisory teams a couple weeks later.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/deer/mgmt.html

Public Meetings
All population goal-setting meetings will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m. After a short presentation on deer populations and management, meeting participants may comment verbally, interact with DNR staff and complete a written questionnaire.
For those unable to attend a meeting for the area in which they are interested, details on how to submit written or online comments will be available soon.
Block 1 – Superior Uplands Arrowhead
  • Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2015: Two Harbors High School Auditorium, 1640 Highway 2, Two Harbors.
  • Thursday, Feb. 19, 2015: Cook County Community Center, 317 West 5th St., Grand Marais.
Block 2 – North Central Plains Moraines
  • Tuesday, Feb. 3, 2015: Sanford Center, Lakeview Rooms, 1111 Event Center Drive NE, Bemidji.
  • Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2015: Deer River High School Commons, 101 1st Ave. NE, Deer River.
Block 3 – Pine Moraines
  • Thursday, Feb. 5, 2015: Century High School Cafetorium, 501 Helton Ave., Park Rapids.
  • Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2015: Franklin Art Center Auditorium, 1001 Kingwood St., Brainerd.
Block 4 – East Central Uplands
  • Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2015: Hinckley High School, 201 Main St., Hinckley.
  • Thursday, Feb. 12, 2015: Anoka-Ramsay Community College, Peterson Center, 300 Spirit River Drive South, Cambridge.
Block 5 – Sand-Plain Big Woods
  • Monday, Feb. 2, 2015: Monticello Community Center, Mississippi Room, 505 Walnut St., Monticello.
  • Thursday, Feb. 5, 2015: Spring Lake Township, Town Hall Community Center, 20381 Fairlawn Ave., Prior Lake.

They sure have been slow in naming the members with bios

You have to give them time to get the info they need from the NSA to screen those applicants to make sure no one that posts on boards like this has a snowballs chance of getting on one of those committees.;):eek:

Will anybody else be at the Cambridge meeting?

Will anybody else be at the Cambridge meeting?

I will be considering your input as part of the goal setting team. Make it worth my time.

You have to give them time to get the info they need from the NSA to screen those applicants to make sure no one that posts on boards like this has a snowballs chance of getting on one of those committees.;):eek:
WTF?:eek:
I'm just messing with ya MoBuck! But if I were the MN DNR trying to further my deer reduction rhetoric, the last bunch of upstarts I'd want on those goal setting teams are guys that post here. You bet your a$$ I'd be screening websites where known "trouble makers" were posting unsavory comments about the DNR before blindly choosing a committee full of guys that have nothing but animosity towards the DNR. Not saying it happened, just that I could.

I'm just messing with ya MoBuck! But if I were the MN DNR trying to further my deer reduction rhetoric, the last bunch of upstarts I'd want on those goal setting teams are guys that post here. You bet your a$$ I'd be screening websites where known "trouble makers" were posting unsavory comments about the DNR before blindly choosing a committee full of guys that have nothing but animosity towards the DNR. Not saying it happened, just that I could.

I have sent plenty of emails to some of the top people at the MN DNR so they had my real name and I still got picked for same team that Brooks is on. I suppose that probably means that they aren't too worried about some people making noise because they figure they'll get the support they need for whatever decision they make.

I have sent plenty of emails to some of the top people at the MN DNR so they had my real name and I still got picked for same team that Brooks is on.

Purportedly DNR in Grand Rapids picked the teams without our names on them - only numbers, and then our names were put back on the sheets after the selection process was complete.

West - your volunteer sheet is due back to Katie or Leslie today as well.

I will be staying in Fairbanks that week and driving back and forth for mileage reimbursement. Lots of MDDI funds too be had.

Purportedly DNR in Grand Rapids picked the teams without our names on them - only numbers, and then our names were put back on the sheets after the selection process was complete.

Once they saw some names they probably put those sheets at the bottom of the pile hoping they had enough people by the time they got to calling us :D

Once again these assholes cant hold one single meeting for the northern portion of the state down south. And heaven forbid they do any of it on a weekend where those of us with kids and jobs might be able to get away.

Nothing will change with these assholes ever.

Stakeholder teams

Attachments

• 2015 Deer advisory team members confirmed 1-21-15.pdf
    206.8 KB · Views: 40

Looks like the teams are stacked with folks from The Nature Conservancy. In reviewing their website they don't appear to be too fond of deer. I never heard of them until now.

Looks like the teams are stacked with folks from The Nature Conservancy. In reviewing their website they don't appear to be too fond of deer. I never heard of them until now.

They are very dangerous for hunters. They love to buy up land and then not let it be used for anything. Great for sanctuaries but bad if you like to hunt. They are close to being environmental wackos in my book.

What's really scary is when you go to their donations page, in big green letters in the upper right corner it says, "You Can trust the Conservancy!" Complete with the exclamation point. I'm not sure I can trust someone who makes it a primary point to tell me I can trust them? That should go without saying, no? Sounds like a damn lifetime politician to me.

It looks like bat man and I will be on the team with Mark White. It looks like he is a big fan of deer free areas. It looks like his studies were done on the North Shore where there is much different habitat than east central MN where he will be on the advisory team.
http://www.nature.org/ourinitiative...tates/minnesota/howwework/mark-white-enen.xml
http://www.nature.org/ourinitiative...nnesota/howwework/minnesota-qa-mark-white.xml

Gee...you think that was by design ^^^^? :rolleyes:

I try not to think about it since it will make me mad!

My forester has worked the region for 25 years and only sees regen issues where deer yard or are fed. North shore has issues he claims but throughout the years off fluctuating deer numbers he has seen zero difference, in regen