Finally Retired ... Now What?

In my clinical experience, the elderly people that don’t exercise are the ones that get old fast. Diet helps too, but is less critical if you workout. The best looking 80 year I ever saw (that looked 60) exercised one hour per day, 7 days a week.

I’d recommend alternating barbell training (3 days a week) and cardio. If you can squat your body weight, you can do about anything physically. We tend to atrophy as we age, but you can fight that effectively if you train.

If I retired tomorrow, I’d set a few written goals for the next year, something achievable but meaningful. Some personal, interpersonal, spiritual and physical to show myself that I’ve grown and made progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of my more important goals to get more exercise & movement in daily. My job over the years evolved from traveling a lot to meet face to face with customers, sales reps, and distributors to doing much of that engagement & relationship work virtually via TEAMS/Zoom calls.

When you spend 10-12 hours a day sitting in front of a computer, not good. So I am now working to undue the physical effects from that. Habitat work, house projects, etc. will be good but also need to add more cardio & weights as you mentioned.

As they say ... motion is lotion!