Live from the stand thread

No. Cant find blood after the bed. No idea on direction of travel. Checked the creek as well as blowdowns in the area. May have video of her after the shot on the trail camera.
Bummer! What do you know about where you hit her? What was the blood trail like? What did she act like after the shot? Any hair/blood/grease on the arrow?

Just took my duck dog down. She got on the trail and helped me find where she crossed the creek. Found this nugget on the waters edge. Its tough tracking on mud. I cant find where she left the creek
IMG_20191013_095342_01.jpg20191013_093817.jpg

She immediately bedded down after the shot like 30 yards behind my stand. Another doe pummelled her ass with her hooves for awhile. I though thats where I would find her.

Arrow doesnt smell bad, does have some short white hair on it.

My son found some success on his first ever youth hunt in IL. Was going to hold out for a buck but about dark his trigger finger got itchy.
6a1d89fc57e4d59bbbab01d3bcbcebe7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My son found some success on his first ever youth hunt in IL. Was going to hold out for a buck but about dark his trigger finger got itchy.

Congrats to the young man. I would've made the same decision he did. Fill that freezer.

Congrats to him!

She immediately bedded down after the shot like 30 yards behind my stand. Another doe pummelled her ass with her hooves for awhile. I though thats where I would find her.

Arrow doesnt smell bad, does have some short white hair on it.

Liver shot/nick If I had to guess because she laid down so fast and the other doe kicking her didn’t make her get up.
If she hunched up rather then bucking when the arrow hit that would another liver sign.

Don’t want to sound insensitive but it is just a doe. God will make more...so climb back in the stand.

Ditto on the liver shot...
ans
Congrats to the kid!

First sit of the year this past Monday night.
Got into the stand around 4:30 and had a pair of fawns drift by to my right almost immediately, a little while later a doe with a single fawn came in. Around 5:30 a quail right along the edge of the woods twenty-thirty yards from me started singing...that made my day! I have been working the dog on quail through the summer so some of them are surviving a little longer than I thought they would.
From 6:00 on it was a constant parade of deer stopping in and going by, right before dark there were at least ten deer around me on all sides, two were small bucks a three point and a basket eight that an adult doe did not like...she just kept blowing at him trying to get him to leave.
I didn't want to blow the stand so ended up stuck in it an hour after full dark before I could sneak down and out to the truck.
Can't wait for rut when hopefully a nice one wonders by close!
hnpWc1c.png

WnLG23p.png

iSoVHLm.png

Get them. My idiot dog cut herself on a fence or I would be out. Instead sitting in the waiting room to go back. Dog ahead of us got his ass kicked by a badger.

First sit of the year.
01bfc7c6e60549236dbf0fffe8b90250.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Please tell me you grabbed an apple or two to eat in the stand

That didn't take long, little forky.
3fd50ab3d1137b865fb8b01c79d7d5aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Beautiful day in the mountains. Sat a few posts today. One spot had a view of the Atlantic Ocean in the distance.20191020_131314.jpg
Saw a doe, but she saw me first. Heard stags roaring all day. Pulled a camera and got some great photos. A lot of night activity, so might have to do a moonlight hunt.

Last edited:
How did that turn out?
I heard her crash in the woods but I didn't have a light with me so I had to go back and get one, I found her about 40yds from where I shot her. She's all cut up and in the freezer, had back straps last night for supper.