How much time do you spend at the farm?

Nine hour drive one way for me!! So I try to get down to the farm at least once a month for a four day stretch. Then two weeks in November and a couple long weekends in October! Its a long haul but worth every minute!!

Luckily, my farm is a ten minute drive. I'm out there at least three times a week, usually more in the summer. The kids love to fish and this time of year we glass our big field.

Live in southern california, farm in central wisconsin.

How on earth did that happen? The Wisconsin property has to be family property.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

52 minutes away. We go almost every weekend from April till Thanksgiving. I close everything up after that and reopen when the snow melts in April. I still get that tingley feeling on the drive up Friday night. Hard to believe we have had the place 8 years already.

52 minutes away. We go almost every weekend from April till Thanksgiving. I close everything up after that and reopen when the snow melts in April. I still get that tingley feeling on the drive up Friday night. Hard to believe we have had the place 8 years already.

That's what it's about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 86 acres is about an hour and 45 minutes from my home, but we have a cottage about 12 miles from the hunting land. We are at the cottage most weekends and pretty much every Saturday I put in a good day of work on the land...excluding a good portion of the winter. I work a few Sundays as well, when I really have something critical to get done. I try to stay out of the property as much as I can a few weeks before bow season until gun season is over. I always find I have more of a to do list than what I can do back there, with only working 1 day a week. I just hope I am in good enough shape when I retire to get caught up back there...lol

1/2 hour from home(180 acres) - and work is in between ( 15 minutes away from work). I usually go every weekend even if just to check cameras and sometimes after work to "scout" - but in planting season - I might go every other day. sometimes I just go myself or meet my dad there. Other times my hunting buddies or my cousin come. The kids are grown and in college so its a lot easier than before. when hunting season comes, i don't usually miss a weekend - some are three day weekends - and I usually take one WHOLE week to bow hunt and totally relax.

I love every minute - I take the time to know every little place, I like to walk it but back off come august - I like to have a presense - the deer get used to that - but I do not like to constantly bump them.

I am 550 miles away. I get up there one week in May for turkey hunting/summer plots. One week at Labor Day for dove hunt/fall plots. I then go and hunt 10 days the first of November and 4 days at thanksgiving. We go back the first of Febuary to plant trees and habitiat work.

No where near enough time but I enjoy it when I am there. My wife and MIL think I a crazy going non stop from before day light till after dark. They just do not understand!

I live on our property, 40 acres, plus my mom's is right next door, 80 acres. So it's as much or little time as I want.

Mine is 40 minutes which is a pain. I can't imagine living 3+ hours away. I though I had it rough. I get there probably every other week until now I will let it set till late October with a trip in mid september to check cams once or twice depending on what is there. I usually don't have much mature buck action early so leave the place go until it's go time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I live on my farm. I spend as much of every day on it as I can every day I'm in town. Paradise!

1/2 hour from home(180 acres) - and work is in between ( 15 minutes away from work). I usually go every weekend even if just to check cameras and sometimes after work to "scout" - but in planting season - I might go every other day. sometimes I just go myself or meet my dad there. Other times my hunting buddies or my cousin come. The kids are grown and in college so its a lot easier than before. when hunting season comes, i don't usually miss a weekend - some are three day weekends - and I usually take one WHOLE week to bow hunt and totally relax.

I love every minute - I take the time to know every little place, I like to walk it but back off come august - I like to have a presense - the deer get used to that - but I do not like to constantly bump them.
I think we are probably neighbors. You have some big deer in Caz. Every trip to the butcher I can pick the deer from Caz or Marcellus. They just look different than all the other deer there. Two years ago I was there when a guy brought a spike in from Caz. I swear it was pushing 150 dressed. It was bigger than the 2.5yo I had there.

I'm about an hour & a half away. Easy drive. I'm there at least once a week, if not more most of the year. Almost every weekend in the summer and fall with a few week or so stays in November. Sometimes I'll see my 14 & 11 year olds off to school, head up to the farm & be back for dinner. Gotten so used to the drive I don't even notice it's 1.5 hours. Far enough away to get away but close enough to enjoy regularly.

Less than a half hour drive for me so I am spoiled. I get down there one day a week spring and summer to work. Sometime I make a run after work to plant something or do a rain dance. Let's just say in the fall I often commute to work from the cabin on the farm.

I live 120 miles from my farm. I am there one day week from April 15th to August 1st. I leave at 6 am and get home at 6pm. It makes for some long days but if you want the work done. That's what it takes. I got 14 acres of crops in about 12 different plots over 380 acres.

I'm about 2 hours from my place. On a normal year I'll spend two weekends a month there.....right through all 4 seasons.
This past year has been tough for me as I took a temporary position in Washing DC. Only have 4 1/2 months to go. Now it's 4 1/2 hrs home plus the additional 2 hrs further North to my property. Not to mention........since I'm working away when I do head home I have things to get done around my house let alone up my property.
I still managed to get my Brassicas in 2 weeks ago and I'm on schedule for my Fall plots Labor Day weekend!

Two hours away, seldom miss a weekend. Several full weeks a year there. Just finished planting the rest of my fall plots this past weekend. Small cabin makes it convenient. As others said, it is a labor of pure love. Sure find out who your true hunting buddies are, not the ones who only contact you right before season:)

Two hours away, seldom miss a weekend. Several full weeks a year there. Just finished planting the rest of my fall plots this past weekend. Small cabin makes it convenient. As others said, it is a labor of pure love. Sure find out who your true hunting buddies are, not the ones who only contact you right before season:)

Yep, got plenty of friends that can find vacation time to hunt. Just can't find vacation time for work on the hunting land. Boy are they in for a surprise this year! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine already know the "rules" changed for this year:)

Our family place is just over an hour from my house, and unless we have family plans I am there doing something almost every weekend. The bad thing is it is always me and or him doing all the work, and there is never enough time to get it all done.