Gas station crab

Charman03

5 year old buck +
There’s a crabapple beside a local gas station and it looks awesome. Any idea what it could be? It’s pretty nice for a no spray situation. 6BA97B84-027F-411F-AA9F-8E1903B17118.jpeg794C33BB-FDE2-48B2-8570-4CE9BB217971.jpeg

Nice clean leaves

Fruit is shaped somewhat like a Dolgo.

It does look clean.
I spotted a crab this summer at a gas station on the way home from work, loaded with golf ball size yellow crabs. They were all dropped by mid August but I do need a few more early droppers for summer feed. I'm trying to have fruit dropping from July-Feb/March. I focused on the late stuff early on need to work on the early now.

I agree with Bows that it has that Dolgo look. Here is a WG Dolgo on my place for comparision.

IPfbtXu.jpg

n4RqZrA.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with Bows that it has that Dolgo look. Here is a WG Dolgo on my place for comparision.

IPfbtXu.jpg

n4RqZrA.jpg

What is WG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Native, that tree is ridiculous.

utterly ridiculous.

Native, that tree is ridiculous.

utterly ridiculous.
There has only been one year in the last 5 or 6 that they haven’t looked that good. That was this year. A late freeze hurt them on the fruit production.

IPfbtXu.jpg

n4RqZrA.jpg
Native that tree looks awesome !. Any truth that Japanese beetles love dolgos , and that they are slower to grow than the a lot of crabs ?

By the time they get ripe the Japanese Beetles have cleared out. I’ve only had a problem with them on some early apples. They didn’t seem to grow any slower than others to me.

By the time they get ripe the Japanese Beetles have cleared out. I’ve only had a problem with them on some early apples. They didn’t seem to grow any slower than others to me.
Sounds good, I may have to try one in my tree plot