All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh Snow...Time to Track (pic heavy)

I just got some snow and plan to use it for some post season scouting as well.

Wonderful pics Natty! We got maybe a half inch today so I got the beagles out in it for a while. I love to run rabbits in the snow.
Beautiful country you hunt in too.

Thanks Merle. I have a buddy who has a beagle. He is due here in about an hour. Going to get out and run some rabbits this AM...well actually we have mostly snowshoe hares here, but we call them rabbits. A lot of fun!

I just got some snow and plan to use it for some post season scouting as well.

Awesome j-bird. You can definitely learn a lot doing some post-season scouting in the snow. Many of my tracking days afield DURING the season are nothing more than scouting trips with a gun in my hand...loud and crunchy...I know I'll never see a deer, but I can certainly learn a thing or two about them.

Good luck on the rabbits, Natty. Snow gives a different look to the landscape and it just seems peaceful in the winter woods / fields.

Awesome j-bird. You can definitely learn a lot doing some post-season scouting in the snow. Many of my tracking days afield DURING the season are nothing more than scouting trips with a gun in my hand...loud and crunchy...I know I'll never see a deer, but I can certainly learn a thing or two about them.
I tend to take a shotgun in case I find some squirrels or kick up a rabbit or two. I kicked up 2 deer, but season on them here has been closed since the first sunday in January. I took a bunch of pictures and posted them on my land tour. Nothing "oh my gosh" type stuff but I did get some confirmation that one of my hinging projects is working and found some beds where I didn't expect as well.