Cuddeback's Cuddelink

Does anyone know when the Cuddelink home plus will be back on the shelves, have called the company but they are not saying when these will back out for purchase and they do need to adjust there web site with correct information the product page says they are available and the purchase page says they out of stock.

I was told that they are waiting on the firmware change so the cuddelink home will upload to the cuddeback picture software , don't understand why if this is the issue that it would hold up putting these back on the shelf for purchase since firmware updates can easly be done by SD cards

just to shed some light on how difficult it is to do this, it would take almost an hour to transit a hi rez image via RF, imagine how limiting that would be to this system. IF you use our cell cam as a stand alone camera and not in a CL network you can transmit hi rex images like the other manufacturers , the caveat is that come with additional cost both in cameras and plan fees.

Thanks for explaining!

Go figure - I add the aol address, and I get my report and pic update within 90 minutes. Hadn't sent anything since I dropped the aol address yesterday morning. I know the gmail address is correct because it shows up there too.
if you havent already- check your junk file in your gmail account, it may be pushing it there, even if you have another making it thru it can still push one to junk. If its not you can contact Cudde directly and they can check your cell unit to see what is happening regarding that email address. You will need to let them know which cell home is having the issue, either by name or ID numbers.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the Cuddelink home plus will be back on the shelves, have called the company but they are not saying when these will back out for purchase and they do need to adjust there web site with correct information the product page says they are available and the purchase page says they out of stock.

I was told that they are waiting on the firmware change so the cuddelink home will upload to the cuddeback picture software , don't understand why if this is the issue that it would hold up putting these back on the shelf for purchase since firmware updates can easly be done by SD cards
the reason why they are out of stock is they sold much faster than anticipated. Next shipment is due in a few weeks but there are a lot of dealers who have these on backorder. There are dealers that have these now, I will ask around to see who has one if you want one asap.
also, you can use a cell home as a stand alone home unit without activating it. it will cost you another $70 retail up front but the advantage is it can be used all 3 ways. I plan on turning my cell homes into stand alone home units during the off season, then back to cell during summer and fall.
the update to directly hook up the home unit to usb is in process but not finished yet, i dont want to state an exact date but know that we are working to get it complete and working asap. This will allow any home unit to be converted if one chooses to.

Last edited:
Just lost a cam on two different networks going on 4 days. Both had cl levels of 60+ no indications of battery going out last status has battery okay. Really didn't want to have to go check on them. Any ideas besides batteries?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
lithium, alkaline or solar rechargeable batteries in the cams?

John that's fine but I go through a local vendor and am purchasing it through them will the new shipments only go to the big box retail stores

John that's fine but I go through a local vendor and am purchasing it through them will the new shipments only go to the big box retail stores
No they go to whoever ordered them in the order the orders were placed . If you need on now pm me and I can find a retailer for you that has one in stock now. If you want to wait until your preferred retailer has them i completley understand.

Ah, crud, I forgot another Q. I bought the battery extenders for the cell units. Can I just plug them in? Not needing to reset the unit (and cams)?

Ah, crud, I forgot another Q. I bought the battery extenders for the cell units. Can I just plug them in? Not needing to reset the unit (and cams)?
yes you can, it may take a bit for it to recognize it if you dont power down etc but eventually it will recognize it.

John who in green bay has them for sale

Go figure - I add the aol address, and I get my report and pic update within 90 minutes. Hadn't sent anything since I dropped the aol address yesterday morning. I know the gmail address is correct because it shows up there too.

The only problem I had was Gmail was sending mine to the spam file. Doesn't sound like that's your issue.

So far 40 days on g series cam with no external pack on rayovac high energy on my longest cams Pretty disappointed with lifespan. The other frustrating part no low battery indicator just all the cams off the network one day.

Just lost a cam on two different networks going on 4 days. Both had cl levels of 60+ no indications of battery going out last status has battery okay. Really didn't want to have to go check on them. Any ideas besides batteries?

lithium, alkaline or solar rechargeable batteries in the cams?
Rayovac high energy in all cams

you can try to reset those two cams that are giving you false images at transition before you send back, im just trying to limit your trips in. a camera with false images only at certain times of the day is a very odd occurrence, especially to have two doing the same thing on two separate networks.

Sample pics attached. Pics bounce back and forth at transition time (AM and PM). I have two cams doing this. One here, and another in a bottom, wind protected, and on a big stable tree.
That is one thing I noticed also deer picking up the cams bad first couple of days when the filter clicks. A lot of back and forth transition picks

We have been running 15 cameras all daisy chained to the 1 home unit then to the cell unit for just over a month. In the past 2 weeks cameras have been dropping like flies because of batteries dying. We are running lithiums in them all. In non cuddylink cameras last year lithiums lasted all season without any issues. Has anyone tried normal batteries? Could they be dying because they take on average 20-40 pics a day each? Also one camera is on a field edge and if the deer is 15ft of closer it is so washed out you cannot tell what it is. Are there setting we can update for this? I love checking my email every morning but now it is getting boring because 1/2 of the cameras are down until this weekend when we can get up there and replace batteries.

We have been running 15 cameras all daisy chained to the 1 home unit then to the cell unit for just over a month. In the past 2 weeks cameras have been dropping like flies because of batteries dying. We are running lithiums in them all. In non cuddylink cameras last year lithiums lasted all season without any issues. Has anyone tried normal batteries? Could they be dying because they take on average 20-40 pics a day each? Also one camera is on a field edge and if the deer is 15ft of closer it is so washed out you cannot tell what it is. Are there setting we can update for this? I love checking my email every morning but now it is getting boring because 1/2 of the cameras are down until this weekend when we can get up there and replace batteries.
The manuals recommend alkaline batteries. What is your flash setting set to?

The manuals recommend alkaline batteries. What is your flash setting set to?

I am not sure what the flash is at. Do you have a recommendation? We are 2hrs away so I cannot run out and check. Thanks for the info on alkalines! It is weird they go from 100% to died in daily summary. They do not report getting low.

I am not sure what the flash is at. Do you have a recommendation? We are 2hrs away so I cannot run out and check. Thanks for the info on alkalines! It is weird they go from 100% to died in daily summary. They do not report getting low.
John V has always recommended starting at the close setting and working out away from the cam. it will depend on the location of the camera and what the IR can be reflected off of.

Lithium batteries will do that. They hold constant voltage almost until they are depleted then drop off. Alkalines slowely reduce voltage over time untiil they deplete. See graph below showing how the different battery types discharge. As you can see, the camera can watch the voltage of the alkaline and "see" when is getting low.

bdc.gif

Read back over some of john's posts about batteries, he suggests alkaline batteries only. That's normal, alkalines will show low but lithiums will show full until they are dead

Read back over some of john's posts about batteries, he suggests alkaline batteries only. That's normal, alkalines will show low but lithiums will show full until they are dead
In theory this is true however I have had over a dozen cams die in the last two weeks and have yet to see a low battery indicator. This is on g series running rayovac and Duracell. No cam has made it over the 50 day mark yet.