Cuddeback's Cuddelink

OK, my bad, I see that. I used your number in search, but it generically just brought that one up.

Has anyone had any issues with 16gb SD cards in J series cameras. The manual says to only use up to 8gb.

I am about to purchase some more cams and need to get SD cards. I have a pile of 16gb cards and will just use those if others are not having issues.
Also for some reason 16gb are almost always cheaper on Amazon???

Has anyone had any issues with 16gb SD cards in J series cameras. The manual says to only use up to 8gb.

I am about to purchase some more cams and need to get SD cards. I have a pile of 16gb cards and will just use those if others are not having issues.
where are you reading they only go up to 8 Gb? you can use 2-32 Gb SD cards in the J's

Just lost a cam on two different networks going on 4 days. Both had cl levels of 60+ no indications of battery going out last status has battery okay. Really didn't want to have to go check on them. Any ideas besides batteries?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just lost a cam on two different networks going on 4 days. Both had cl levels of 60+ no indications of battery going out last status has battery okay. Really didn't want to have to go check on them. Any ideas besides batteries?

were they linked directly to home or thru another camera ?

I just pulled a camera doing the same thing. Plenty of battery life, great signal strength, and connecting directly to the home without an in between hop, closest camera I had to the home. All other cameras are working fine, even daisy chained.

I went and checked and pulled mine cause I thought it may have been stolen, as I had not received any status updates in days, like it fell off radar. Camera was still there and still took pictures when I removed it from the tree. Plenty of battery...

Curious to know as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 32 gb cards in all of mine

I use 32 gb cards in all of mine

Me too

were they linked directly to home or thru another camera ?
Directly to the home camera have another one doing it now on another network and this one has a cam linked through it that the other linked cam is still transmitting. Should I power them down and reset it? Or just find the cl level again?

Directly to the home camera have another one doing it now on another network and this one has a cam linked through it that the other linked cam is still transmitting. Should I power them down and reset it? Or just find the cl level again?

i would do a cl clear, power the cam down , remove batteries and leave them out for a few minutes, then reinstall batteries , check CL level and reset. if that doesnt reconnect them you will need to send the cam in for service.

I have been running two cell networks for about a month now. I've had good experiences but also learning moments, and quite frankly, some that were bad experiences. One has three cams and one has five - all J1415.

Good - Transmitted pic quality when properly exposed/lit is better than expected. CL Signal strength has been much better than expected too. I was pleasantly surprised I didn't have to daisy chain any remotes and all cams link right to the cell home. Battery life has been good so far given volume of images.

Learning Moments - The user interface is about as frustrating as it gets. Never seem a cam so over-engineered in my life. It took some time to be comfortable using the menu quickly in the field.

Bad -

Night image quality ranges from awesome to really poor. I think the first thing I dislike is the close, far, field option for IR. I've never seen such a difference between similar settings in other cams. I have pics where I can't make out a deer on a field because it's whited out. Deer appears to be 15 feet away. Same cam, deer is 25 feet away, and you can make it out clearly. Many other cam lines allow for active light metering that take user error/knowledge out of the process. I wish they would have done that on these cams. Out of my 8 cams - three are under powered, three are overpowered, and two have it "just right." I've run as many as 15 Spartan Gocams and not one of them has had such issues, neither has the Moultrie unit, etc. My Brownings adjust from inches to 50 feet without a problem. Getting these cams right is trial and error and nobody wants trial and error when you want to set it and leave and not return - the whole point of the system.

Image sending on the cellular units is frustrating. One unit will not send to a gmail address if it is the only address in the system. If I attach my aol address (personal one) to it in addition to the gmail account, the cam reliably sends to both. The other unit has been working fine sending to the gmail address alone for some time now.

Each network has a cam that partially runs away - sending 20-40 blanks per day at transition time (morning and evening); regardless of where it is set. Time lapse is not on, on either cam. I've checked, checked, and checked. My suspicion is that the cam is going into some sort of time lapse when it is not set to do so - 5 sec delay, 1 image for D/N, time lapse off. CL send 5/250. Cams with most current firmware.

Sensing is hit or miss with the centered technology. Trigger count went down dramatically when these were brought in and swapped out from my Brownings at the same spot. I've adjusted angles, height, etc.

Cams make a ton of noise - the partial runaways click back and forth on transition making a pile of noise. I mean LOUD.

One cam was DOA - wouldn't power up at all and is being swapped out. I suspect I'll need to swap out these partial runaway cams, too.

Would love any tips/advice. I've invested significantly into this network and have to say the ROI isn't there yet. There's potential but the inconsistency of cam performance and sending has reduced it's effectiveness for me at a time when I need it the most.

With all the configurations you mentioned, I do wish they would have added one for increasing the resolution on at least the night thumbnails that get emailed. I realize there is a trade off and if you had a ton of pictures and bad cell reception, the pictures would not get through. Not everyone is like that though and I can't even count the points on this deer from about 10 yards away.

I've never had a cell camera before so I may be overly critical. I am certainly happier with this than only cams I have to go pull cards every few weeks. Just not sure how this would compare to a handful of cell cameras.

Just added a daylight picture that just came in. Different deer (I think.....) but totally fine for picture quality.

Attachments

• points.JPG
    points.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 47
  • pointsday.JPG
    pointsday.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 46
I have been running two cell networks for about a month now. I've had good experiences but also learning moments, and quite frankly, some that were bad experiences. One has three cams and one has five - all J1415.

Good - Transmitted pic quality when properly exposed/lit is better than expected. CL Signal strength has been much better than expected too. I was pleasantly surprised I didn't have to daisy chain any remotes and all cams link right to the cell home. Battery life has been good so far given volume of images.

Learning Moments - The user interface is about as frustrating as it gets. Never seem a cam so over-engineered in my life. It took some time to be comfortable using the menu quickly in the field.

Bad -

Night image quality ranges from awesome to really poor. I think the first thing I dislike is the close, far, field option for IR. I've never seen such a difference between similar settings in other cams. I have pics where I can't make out a deer on a field because it's whited out. Deer appears to be 15 feet away. Same cam, deer is 25 feet away, and you can make it out clearly. Many other cam lines allow for active light metering that take user error/knowledge out of the process. I wish they would have done that on these cams. Out of my 8 cams - three are under powered, three are overpowered, and two have it "just right." I've run as many as 15 Spartan Gocams and not one of them has had such issues, neither has the Moultrie unit, etc. My Brownings adjust from inches to 50 feet without a problem. Getting these cams right is trial and error and nobody wants trial and error when you want to set it and leave and not return - the whole point of the system. The background or site will determine what setting is best. This is the way its designed and it sounds like you prefer a cam that auto adjusts to each situation (which takes time and cost) only advice i can give is start with "Close" and move it out until you get it where you want it.

Image sending on the cellular units is frustrating. One unit will not send to a gmail address if it is the only address in the system. If I attach my aol address (personal one) to it in addition to the gmail account, the cam reliably sends to both. The other unit has been working fine sending to the gmail address alone for some time now. i have not heard of this issue , i will pass it on to CS manager at Nontypical and see if they have heard it happening. I have seen issues when an email address that is invalid is entered. You should get a notification if that happens

Each network has a cam that partially runs away - sending 20-40 blanks per day at transition time (morning and evening); regardless of where it is set. Time lapse is not on, on either cam. I've checked, checked, and checked. My suspicion is that the cam is going into some sort of time lapse when it is not set to do so - 5 sec delay, 1 image for D/N, time lapse off. CL send 5/250. Cams with most current firmware. If this continues after a reset (removing batteries etc) and it is only occurring at transition i would send them back when you get the chance.

Sensing is hit or miss with the centered technology. Trigger count went down dramatically when these were brought in and swapped out from my Brownings at the same spot. I've adjusted angles, height, etc.

Cams make a ton of noise - the partial runaways click back and forth on transition making a pile of noise. I mean LOUD. This is the filter , if camera is having issues during transition time its having a hard time determining if it does or doesnt need the filter. it should only move once or twice a day when working properly

One cam was DOA - wouldn't power up at all and is being swapped out. I suspect I'll need to swap out these partial runaway cams, too.

Would love any tips/advice. I've invested significantly into this network and have to say the ROI isn't there yet. There's potential but the inconsistency of cam performance and sending has reduced it's effectiveness for me at a time when I need it the most.
tried to give some recommendations on your issues below each one-

With all the configurations you mentioned, I do wish they would have added one for increasing the resolution on at least the night thumbnails that get emailed. I realize there is a trade off and if you had a ton of pictures and bad cell reception, the pictures would not get through. Not everyone is like that though and I can't even count the points on this deer from about 10 yards away.

I've never had a cell camera before so I may be overly critical. I am certainly happier with this than only cams I have to go pull cards every few weeks. Just not sure how this would compare to a handful of cell cameras.

Just added a daylight picture that just came in. Different deer (I think.....) but totally fine for picture quality.
just to shed some light on how difficult it is to do this, it would take almost an hour to transmit a hi rez image via RF, imagine how limiting that would be to this system. IF you use our cell cam as a stand alone camera and not in a CL network you can transmit hi rez images like the other manufacturers cameras do , the caveat is that it comes with additional cost both in cameras and plan fees again like the other manufacturers.

Last edited:
i want make everyone on this thread aware that i will MIA for most of the next couple weeks, doing what most of us will be doing , trying to tag a good deer that i do or dont have on camera ! My wife got it done sunday night so im on my own for a bit! if i dont respond as quickly as normal dont hold it against me! y5B4AGbASaCovuWK5Eq3rg.jpg

tried to give some recommendations on your issues below each one-
Thanks - three of eight cams needing to go back is pretty lousy but it is what it is at this point. I'm going to have to go in and pull the two and try a reset. I'll be down to five cams on two networks that I am paying good money on. I'll also have to adjust the IR settings and hope to get them right. Probably moving field to far, and a few close to far.

I really appreciate you giving me your time. I've added the aol address back to the account this morning. I am hoping that the home unit will start sending again and not need to be re-set-up.

Good luck, John and tell your wife congrats on a great buck!

Thanks - three of eight cams needing to go back is pretty lousy but it is what it is at this point. I'm going to have to go in and pull the two and try a reset. I'll be down to five cams on two networks that I am paying good money on. I'll also have to adjust the IR settings and hope to get them right. Probably moving field to far, and a few close to far.

I really appreciate you giving me your time. I've added the aol address back to the account this morning. I am hoping that the home unit will start sending again and not need to be re-set-up.
you can try to reset those two cams that are giving you false images at transition before you send back, im just trying to limit your trips in. a camera with false images only at certain times of the day is a very odd occurrence, especially to have two doing the same thing on two separate networks.

you can try to reset those two cams that are giving you false images at transition before you send back, im just trying to limit your trips in. a camera with false images only at certain times of the day is a very odd occurrence, especially to have two doing the same thing on two separate networks.

Sample pics attached. Pics bounce back and forth at transition time (AM and PM). I have two cams doing this. One here, and another in a bottom, wind protected, and on a big stable tree.

Attachments

• transition.jpg
    transition.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 31
  • transition2.jpg
    transition2.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 30
Go figure - I add the aol address, and I get my report and pic update within 90 minutes. Hadn't sent anything since I dropped the aol address yesterday morning. I know the gmail address is correct because it shows up there too.