Cuddeback's Cuddelink

I just put new D batteries in my cuddeback and I am getting a "battery dead" message. None of the commands work. I put a different set of 4 batteries in and still "Battery dead" message.....I took the batteries out of the camera and still "battery dead" message. What should I do to fix ??
if you havent already, make sure they are inserted correctly. That message will come up if even one battery is in wrong.
When you remove the batteries hit the test button so all the power in the capacitor is used up, even without batteries in the camera the capacitor will hold power for some time. Once you do that, leave the batteries out of the camera for 4-5 minutes and insert the new batteries again.
One other thing to check, is to make sure the contacts are not compressed to the point where the batteries arent connecting correctly.

John, I just got a 4 pack, plus one of the IR cams. I desire to have a long life battery set-up, as I'm 6 hours from the farm. I also have the cell home. What is the best way to go?

John, I just got a 4 pack, plus one of the IR cams. I desire to have a long life battery set-up, as I'm 6 hours from the farm. I also have the cell home. What is the best way to go?
I would get a 6 d cell battery booster for your cell home and either the solar kit or the 6 d cell battery pack replacement for the 4 pack cams , the battery booster for the cell home is different than the 6 d cell pack for the cams in the 4 pack.

if you havent already, make sure they are inserted correctly. That message will come up if even one battery is in wrong.
When you remove the batteries hit the test button so all the power in the capacitor is used up, even without batteries in the camera the capacitor will hold power for some time. Once you do that, leave the batteries out of the camera for 4-5 minutes and insert the new batteries again.
One other thing to check, is to make sure the contacts are not compressed to the point where the batteries arent connecting correctly.

Thanks that worked.......another question.......I set my camera to N/Image and D/Image to 2 but when the cameras transmit pics to home camera it only sends 1 picture......what could be wrong?

Burst mode doesn’t work when in cuddelink mode it will send one pic but it will store the others on the card on the camera. I set my camera delay and the cl delay both at 5 seconds , if you do this all pics should get home. You can set your camera delay longer than 5 seconds if u want to.

Burst mode doesn’t work when in cuddelink mode it will send one pic but it will store the others on the card on the camera. I set my camera delay and the cl delay both at 5 seconds , if you do this all pics should get home. You can set your camera delay longer than 5 seconds if u want to.

OK thank you for the very quick response.....

John,

Does the home unit (non cell) take the same 6D cell battery booster as the G series cameras?

Also, above you talk about using test to discharge the capacitor to replace the batteries...how do you discharge the capacitor when replacing the batteries in the battery booster pack? I think you said just hit the up arrow to suspend the camera and replace the batteries in the booster pack....do you unplug the cord or just simply replace the batteries? Should you wait until it switches over to the internal batteries before replacing the external batteries? Six of my eight cameras are showing external batteries low after approx. 125 - 135 days. It seems like they are lasting about the same amount of time independent of the number of pictures. Does that make sense?

John,

Does the home unit (non cell) take the same 6D cell battery booster as the G series cameras?

Also, above you talk about using test to discharge the capacitor to replace the batteries...how do you discharge the capacitor when replacing the batteries in the battery booster pack? I think you said just hit the up arrow to suspend the camera and replace the batteries in the booster pack....do you unplug the cord or just simply replace the batteries? Should you wait until it switches over to the internal batteries before replacing the external batteries? Six of my eight cameras are showing external batteries low after approx. 125 - 135 days. It seems like they are lasting about the same amount of time independent of the number of pictures. Does that make sense?
it does take the same battery booster-
you dont have to discharge the capacitor when replacing batteries if you dont want to , its important to do this when "resetting" the camera or when updating firmware etc. I do unplug the booster when i replace them. It does make sense that they are lasting the same unless there is a huge difference in pic count. the camera is still sending and connecting to home unit so life would be about the same.

Any update on when cuddesafe's for J cuddelinks will be available?

Any update on when cuddesafe's for J cuddelinks will be available?
G model safes just arrived, J's may be another month yet. someone posted an alternative if you are in need of one soon

John,

Is there a stand alone repeater unit or only the home 1385 that can be used as a repeater?

John,

Is there a stand alone repeater unit or only the home 1385 that can be used as a repeater?
no there isnt , the 1385 home or any cuddelink enabled camera can be used as a repeater

We will receive some this week that will go to backorders , sometime in sept we may catch up and be able to ship at once for new orders but that is dependent on how fast orders keep coming in, as of right now we are getting quite a few new orders each day.

Not to pester John, but still no cell home for me yet with a July order date from Cuddeback directly. Still thinking this month for playing catch up?

What program are you all unzipping the update file with, mine keeps erroring out

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What program are you all unzipping the update file with, mine keeps erroring out

Nevermind it updates with the file still in zipped form

Nevermind it updates with the file still in zipped form

correct, you actually need to update it still in zipped form for it to work , sorry for the late reply

I would get a 6 d cell battery booster for your cell home and either the solar kit or the 6 d cell battery pack replacement for the 4 pack cams , the battery booster for the cell home is different than the 6 d cell pack for the cams in the 4 pack.
John can provide an time number for the g series cell cam booster pack I want to be sure I have the correct 1

Received my G model CuddeSafes today. Well built and well designed with the ability to accept all antenna and external power configurations without modification.