As they lay thread…

That looks like predation, or some serious scavenging. Do you have coyotes in your area?
Yes. I hunt the coyotes.

Not sure they could bring down a buck. I had almost too many bucks this year. I saw tons of fighting. My guess he died in a fight then yotes ate him.

Yes. I hunt the coyotes.

Not sure they could bring down a buck. I had almost too many bucks this year. I saw tons of fighting. My guess he died in a fight then yotes ate him.

Could well be. If he was run-down, then the yotes could have even harried him to death.

Could well be. If he was run-down, then the yotes could have even harried him to death.
Very possible, I didn’t think about that angle. Thank you.

Picked this 4 point up this weekend, I found a similar size 4 point in the exact same spot last year I wish I had a photo of that one too

IMG_7131.jpeg

Last year I saw a buck on April 11th with both sides next to our farm in Northern MO.

Might have been this guy. The last buck to have any antlers, let alone both sides.

Attachments

• 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 18
There is nothing typical about deer antlers. 😉

Some very fine looking deer here. I know we had a few make it through. No sheds yet.

We have been hemmed in by new land owners the last 20 years. The very land I help put fences on, help with loose cows, and clear brush with my tractor. It sucks. In the last year , I have had to pull down two ladder stands that were put up by trespassers. At one site, trees and branches has been cut. A card was left with my name and address so the owners could pick up their tree stands. No one has come forward to claim their stands. ,🤨

Rainy. Cloudy. Put in the miles.
b2ad0a75c056e2ead6272ecc6f68acba.jpg

fc22d28d279265828ef8c172526bf781.jpg

eff158e19befccab951e63fe96949fe2.jpg

da4745f5fc34a2a6ceffcbfd756c01ea.jpg

cad2ce5c7073102f407ce99e676518de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got to hear the story on the duck decoy ^^

I thought I took a picture of it, but I guess the rain on my screen kept it from taking. It was on a hilltop. In the middle of nowhere. Nearest water was a pond 1/4 mile downhill. The bill was chewed on. I looked around and there was no logical reason for it to be where it was.

Definitely not shed hunting today and found a set laying in a bed halfway between my dad’s house and mine. Listen to my son at the end.

That “buck deers” at the end got me…

There is nothing typical about deer antlers. 😉

Some very fine looking deer here. I know we had a few make it through. No sheds yet.

We have been hemmed in by new land owners the last 20 years. The very land I help put fences on, help with loose cows, and clear brush with my tractor. It sucks. In the last year , I have had to pull down two ladder stands that were put up by trespassers. At one site, trees and branches has been cut. A card was left with my name and address so the owners could pick up their tree stands. No one has come forward to claim their stands. ,🤨

You may have to wait for that phone call. I've been waiting well over 20 years for the note I left in a sip lock bag on a tree.

Made a loop through the pasture to get the dog some exercise and had some good luck for me anyway. The pic of the 10 pt doesn't do it justice at all. Great mass. He was near a property line so couldn't look too much for a match. Looks like a shed from last year and I don't remember ever having him on camera so thinking he wasn't a regular.PXL_20240310_170919170.jpg