As they lay thread…

Probably to cold over here for mushrooms,still a few bucks carrying

Finally found one. It's a bit harder in the forest, but persistence pays off. I was checking along fences near a bedding area I recently found. The deer have to jump over the sheep fences, which can cause them to lose antlers that are just on the brink of falling off. The antler is from last year, but it's a good size and should clean up nice.

Messenger_creation_cd4c9bd1-212b-4ef9-a1fe-9d815531aae2.jpegMessenger_creation_73786d5a-7dda-4de1-b3a6-d84330f587c3.jpeg

I’m calling it. Last three walks have produced a total of zero sheds and 4 ticks. 24 sheds on the year. A far cry from last year’s 72, but given the fact that my wife was 8+ months pregnant when shed season started and losing access to a couple thousand acres of ground, I’ll take it. Next year I need to get back to the mountains and look for elk sheds. Cheers, fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m calling it. Last three walks have produced a total of zero sheds and 4 ticks. 24 sheds on the year. A far cry from last year’s 72, but given the fact that my wife was 8+ months pregnant when shed season started and losing access to a couple thousand acres of ground, I’ll take it. Next year I need to get back to the mountains and look for elk sheds. Cheers, fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I called it too. Once the grass gets green it gets tough. until I find one in a tire....