2015 Scion or other seed Swap Thread

wow little hail storm? Anything else you want to try from my list since I will be sending you that stick anyway?

Paul
Hmmm, maybe a couple old cider types. Surprise me. Thanks!

ok will do

I have Anaros crabs that I got from Cummins about 5 years ago and they are have been fruiting for 4 years now. They haven't had them since and the ones I have do sucker a lot. I can send you some scion wood if you want to give them a try. They are very tasty by the way and are my first apples to ripen each year and good pollinator. Not sure about the cold hardiness but someone at Cummins might know. I am in zone 5

Paul
That would be very much appreciated. I did look at an old link that Ed had with a similar description of anaros -in an article about fruit trees for Alaska.

I have lots of chestnut crab, maybe just a bit of columbia, lots of hazen. Anything I can send you in return?

No problem and I would love to try the Hazen ...thanks
Btw I eat them right off the tree and they are fabulous. They can get a bit bitter when over ripe
Paul

i am looking for a stick of the following:
centennial
wickson
yates
or any other crab
later dropping apple

I have the following available:
chenango strawberry
gala
goldrush
honeycrisp
mcintosh

pears:
bartlett
keiffer
moonglow

Bcbowman I can cover some of those requests of yours. I am interested in a some Gala and Moonglo. I will send you a PM in the morning.

No problem and I would love to try the Hazen ...thanks
Btw I eat them right off the tree and they are fabulous. They can get a bit bitter when over ripe
Paul
Hazen is one of my wife's favorite apples. A natural dwarf, from North Dakota I believe, and tends to bear every other year.

Hazen is one of my wife's favorite apples. A natural dwarf, from North Dakota I believe, and tends to bear every other year.
Cool I am looking forward to trying it. One stick should do it

I am needing some Adirondack and Prairie Fire ornamental crabapple scions for some residential trees. I know they arent your typical food plotters tree, but if anyone would happen to have one in their yard at home I would be appreciative.

Chris, do you know if that Prairie Fire ornamental crabapple goes by any other name? It looks like Indian Crabs that I have, or at least that's what the NWTF called them. I've got them if you want.

I just checked my go to site for crabapples and I dont think they are the same variety. Prairifire (correct spelling) is listed as very disease resistant and a slightly larger tree than Indian (indian summer). Thanks for the offer though.

Aerosapcefarmer, I am looking for Goldrush and Cox's Orange Pippin. Most of my trees are young, but I do have the following that you may not have: Ralls Genet, Winesap, and I am going to try to get some pear scions from two different sources of unknown varieties. The first one is my neighbor down the street; the tree still currently has pears hanging on it! And, the other is on the way to my brother's house and it has pears that hang on into Nov. that seem to be unaffected by our nightly lows into the teens. If you are not interested in trading I would be willing to pay for them. Just needing a stick or two of each to start a backyard orchard.

Yes I should have both for you. In return send one stick of each

Paul

I requested a orange pippin scion from the npgs. It looks like a good one.

I just checked my go to site for crabapples and I dont think they are the same variety. Prairifire (correct spelling) is listed as very disease resistant and a slightly larger tree than Indian (indian summer). Thanks for the offer though.
One of my lawn customers has a prairie fire. Those drop really late! I did their leaves late in Dec an it was still loaded. You still need scions?

One of my lawn customers has a prairie fire. Those drop really late! I did their leaves late in Dec an it was still loaded. You still need scions?

Jordan that would be great!
Thanks
Chris

On my walk the other day I noticed that I would have a couple nice pieces of scion off of a Tolman Sweet, an Ashmead Kernel, and a Golden Hornet crab. Anyone interested in these drop me a line.

Rick

What zone is Golden Hornet rated for? I might be interested.